New Computer

Hello im planing to buy a new Computer for Gaming.

My Configuration at the moment looks like this:

CPU: i7 6700K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mainboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING

RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX (8GB Per Module 3000MhZ DDR4)

Graphicscard: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO Basic 500GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB

DVD: ASUS DRW-24F1MT

Case: Corsair 450D

Power Supply: Corsair CS750M (750W)

What do you think about this is there anything i can do better and stay in the same price class? Or are there any problems with compatibility.

And do i need something extra like cables or more fans?

Thx for help

A. Got a PCPartPicker link? It'll make everything easier
B. Purposes? Could help work out the parts. (EDIT: nvm didn't read)

C: -Don't go for 3000 Mhz with RAM if you're gaming (I assume). Waste of money. Same for the CPU - get an i5 instead.
-For the HDD, get a Caviar Blue instead unless you are going to store important files on the WD Black
-KILL THE PSU! KILL IT WITH FIRE AND BURN IT TO ASHES! Get an EVGA unit or a Seasonic unit, unless the PC is intended to break

-This is a personal preference, but I'd go with the ASUS Matrix edition of the 980 ti or whatever it was called

looks pretty decent, but if you`re not going to render you`ll get around with an i5. 

Would be better to go with a better PSU, like XFX, Seasonic or EVGA G/P2. 

to game or not to game, that`s the question

i also had the i5 in mind. but i want to use this computer for 5 years like the last one i had. I also do a bit of video editing for my gopro but not very often. But i will mostly use the PC for Gaming.

13 minutes ago, Matsgueggel said:

What budget, what country, what's your display set up? I hope you don't just have a 1080p 60hz display

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Im from Switzerland budget is about 2300 CHF the build i postet is about 2200CHF. i have a Acer GD245HQ Monitor 120HZ 1080p 3D Vision

corsair ram is useless and high latency.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231878&cm_re=g.skill_3000_ddr4-_-20-231-878-_-Product

g.skill also makes a 3200/14cl model.

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

I'd try to go with a ~500gb SSD and ditch that hard drive, at least initially.  If you can.  If you really need a hard drive, the cost for a 3Tb model isn't that much more.  Besides, HDDs are generally so unreliable these days, especially compared to SSDs, that you really shouldn't be buying them in anything but pairs and running them in RAID-1. 

10 hours ago, Matsgueggel said:

Im from Switzerland budget is about 2300 CHF the build i postet is about 2200CHF. i have a Acer GD245HQ Monitor 120HZ 1080p 3D Vision

Okay well your build is complete overkill for just gaming, maybe look for this 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync display from acer, if you go this route do not get the one from ASUS as it has a poor implementation of free-sync.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-xf270hu

And then from there you could drop your CPU to an i5 6600K, GPU to a 390, and with all that money saved you should be able to fit in the much improved display.

I have a hard drive with 25k hours on it running as my daily driver, and another that was a refurbished drive to begin with as my OS drive, they're fairly reliable. Of course I have my important stuff backed up to a flash drive, but if you buy a solid hard drive like a WD black or HGST NAS drive you shouldn't have any real issues. Only ones that really have problems overall are seagate drives, I have a $120 brick sitting next to me which decided to just up and die one day.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

But how will it look in about 3-4 Years? For a longer period isnt the i7 better than the i5? Just for future.

And that Acer Monitor is so expensive here it costs 782CHF that would be 820$.