Which is better:QUAD CORE VS DUAL CORE with hyper-threading?

Go to solution Solved by littlepigboy5,
Just now, ArkTheYO said:

Okay Thanks A lot all! 

@littlepigboy5 @moderategamer @TheRandomness @typographie

But i am actually looking for some in-depth knowledge about core-functionality and hyperthreading

ok, then go check out techquickie's video, it helped me out a lot. :)

Hey it may sound like a silly question but yeah the main aim of the question is to learn more or in depth knowledge of core-functionality and Intel's hyper-threading!

Thanks a lot!

real cores will always be better than hyper threads that's not to say a dual core with hyper threading couldn't out perform a quad core at a certain application if it was a really great dual core against a really terrible quad core it could happen just depends on the actual chips being used. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

Hey it may sound like a silly question but yeah the main aim of the question is to learn more or in depth knowledge of core-functionality and Intel's hyper-threading!

Thanks a lot!

check out techquickies vid on hyper threading, it's really useful.  Basically hyperthreading simulates a core by allocating "performance" from one core and creating a virtual core, while the "performance" can be spared.  a dual core with hyperthreading is still a dual-core, but if you are doing multiple simple tasks, hyperthreading allows for the stress to be more evenly distributed and handled more efficiently.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

Just now, ArkTheYO said:

Okay Thanks A lot all! 

@littlepigboy5 @moderategamer @TheRandomness @typographie

But i am actually looking for some in-depth knowledge about core-functionality and hyperthreading

ok, then go check out techquickie's video, it helped me out a lot. :)

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

6 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

check out techquickies vid on hyper threading, it's really useful.  Basically hyperthreading simulates a core by allocating "performance" from one core and creating a virtual core, while the "performance" can be spared.  a dual core with hyperthreading is still a dual-core, but if you are doing multiple simple tasks, hyperthreading allows for the stress to be more evenly distributed and handled more efficiently.

yes sure i did ! Thanks!