is the Patriot PBT960GS25SSDR Blast Series a good SSD?

KSores

just go with a samsung ssd

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, KSores said:

i got a amazing deal. is it worth paying 100$ more for samsing? (1tb)

yes it is i read reviews on the ssd most of them say they go dead after a little over a week

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

here are just a few reviews 

" died after just two weeks, booted laptop to find drive not recognized, removed it and it wasn't detected in a different PC. RMA'd for a refund"

" I had my Blast 480 for about three weeks before it died"

" My SSD stopped working within a month, I RMA'd it and the replacement broke with in a month as well. "

"  Died a little over 2 months from install. Installed in the first days of January 2016, it died last night. No warning, PC locked up, on reboot the drive was no longer detected. Slaved to different system and it would not show up. Installed and ran Patriot's SSD Utility from their website. "No Supported Drives Found." Bye bye data.
Not happy at all, especially because I specifically chose Patriot for their good reputation with memory. Thankfully I run backups but now I'm out an SSD. "

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

here are just a few reviews 

" died after just two weeks, booted laptop to find drive not recognized, removed it and it wasn't detected in a different PC. RMA'd for a refund"

" I had my Blast 480 for about three weeks before it died"

" My SSD stopped working within a month, I RMA'd it and the replacement broke with in a month as well. "

"  Died a little over 2 months from install. Installed in the first days of January 2016, it died last night. No warning, PC locked up, on reboot the drive was no longer detected. Slaved to different system and it would not show up. Installed and ran Patriot's SSD Utility from their website. "No Supported Drives Found." Bye bye data.
Not happy at all, especially because I specifically chose Patriot for their good reputation with memory. Thankfully I run backups but now I'm out an SSD. "

ok. but what about adata?

13 minutes ago, KSores said:

is the Patriot PBT960GS25SSDR Blast Series a good SSD?

Not if it's anything like their 120GB version. It didn't die on me in two weeks, but it did slow down to being no better than a 7200 RPM HDD within a couple of months.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, KSores said:

really? that sucks. what about adata that is 80 $ cheaper

adatas a bit better but do you really need thee 1 tb of ssd storage i would recommend going with a 500gb Samsung 850 evo or pro then a 1 to 5 tb (depending on your needs) wd black hdd

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

adatas a bit better but do you really need thee 1 tb of ssd storage i would recommend going with a 500gb Samsung 850 evo or pro then a 1 to 5 tb (depending on your needs) wd black hdd

well i have alot of files that i want on my ssd (around 400 gb) and if i get 1 tb i would have room for upgrades. btw one last question is the 

OCZ Trion 100

any good?

Just now, KSores said:

well i have alot of files that i want on my ssd (around 400 gb) and if i get 1 tb i would have room for upgrades. btw one last question is the 

OCZ Trion 100

any good?

again lower class than the samsung ssd 

Just get a Samsung and get dicked over by their complete refusal to handle their firmware properly (840 heyooo) and completely abysmal Canadian return policies

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Remembering that the people with something negative to say are the ones who voice their opinion the most. Don't just look at the reviews if possible, look at the number of negative reviews to the overall number of people who bought the product.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I like my 1tb Samsung Evo 840s.

I wouldn't get any other brand now because their Samsung Magician tool is amazing and free for SSD maintenance. 

Linus is my fetish.

9 hours ago, KSores said:

OCZ Trion 100

any good?

Even worse. The Trion 150 sounds pretty solid, though.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.