BF5 set in WWI? Thoughts?

If it's historic, It won't be fun

If it's fun it won't be accurate and will probably be shallow

Shipping sucks

Agreed, its a HUGE change of pace to what we have now with BF4 and hardline (if anyone plays that on pc) Limited weapons, Similar terrain for all maps. Not sure how I feel about it.  As you said, might be shallow. 

It's a piece of junk!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's a piece of junk!

What is? And as compared to what? 

3 minutes ago, Treij512 said:

What is? And as compared to what? 

BF5, and Compared to things that aren't pieces of junk!

I'm honestly kidding, I don't even play those games so I don't know anything about them.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

What a refreshing change. Honestly, it's about fucking time. I'm sick and tired of the futuristic first person shooters.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Verdun is set in WW1 in the trenches and it has its moments.  I have a feeling a BF game would play very similar but with biplanes and old school tanks thrown in aswell.

If the game is gona be called BF5 then it won't be set in WW2, wouldn't make any sense for it to go BF2,BF3,BF4 more and more modern and BF5 going back to WW1. And it shouldn't be WW1 tbh, there wouldn't be much new stuff to introduce, it's better to stick with the modern theme at this point or maaaaybe go into near future(but not as much as AW and Blops 3 did)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The type of gameplay in battlefield is not compatible with even a loose representation of World War One combat, it will not work.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

1 minute ago, Ostwind said:

The type of gameplay in battlefield is not compatible with even a loose representation of World War One combat, it will not work.

I mean if we can go from a fictional near-future war to spinoff territory, then anything's possible.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It'd be nice to see where they'd take it but I don't see it being very entertaining if it's suppose to be accurate to WW1 events. It'd probably have some RO vibes going on if it's going to be at least somewhat realistic, which would be pure heaven imo. Most first person games don't give you the sense of dread like RO did, having to get intimate with cover and scared of mortars absolutely wrecking your position.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

No interest if it is set in WWI.

Never cared for the weapons or trenches / no mans land settings.

It will 100% not be a WW1 Scenario.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I don't believe this can be judged simply on the setting with no other information. It's all in implementation, and what aspects of the war they choose to focus on. Yes, WWI is known best today for trench warfare/attrition tactics that wouldn't translate real well to this genre, but it was also the war where tanks and airplanes were first used as weapons. The lines were only bogged down into trenches after the initial invasion was stopped in France, and later in the war gains started to be made to break through. I personally think it's overwhelmingly unlikely that the game would be nothing more than staring at dirt walls in a trench every match, if that's what everyone is thinking.

More so than the superficial setting, I'm interested in whether this will developed by DICE Stockholm or DICE L.A. It's probably the former, but the latter would be a very promising bit of news.

2010 (Black Ops): "Why can't we just ditch the modern middle eastern shooters and go for something more futuristic"

2012-2015 (Blacks Ops 2, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3):  "Holy S#!@, this futuristic them has gone to far! We need to go back to World War II Shooters"

2016 (Battlefield 5): "Goddamn, your ruining the Battlefield franchise!!! Now I am gunna have to strategize and reach into the depths of my mind to create battle plans? That is total BS!"

Honestly, Battlefield 5 is the white knight in shining armor for the FPS genre IF it isn't ruined by the typical mannerisms of EA and their horrible business decisions. Open your eyes. People who are intimidated by the Strategy genre of games think that Battlefield 5 will just be "Charge!!!!!! Oh shit, return to the trenches. Ok, lets charge again! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

12 minutes ago, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

"Charge!!!!!! Oh shit, return to the trenches. Ok, lets charge again! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Dont forget to sit down for 10 Minutes and wait till the Poisongas is gone.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

38 minutes ago, Praesi said:

;) 

38 minutes ago, Praesi said:

One of the power up would be you can transform into Kaiser Wilhelm II and N0 SC0P3 Xx360xX YY TRICK SH0TS.

21 minutes ago, GorgnakThatBarbarian said:

One of the power up would be you can transform into Kaiser Wilhelm II and N0 SC0P3 Xx360xX YY TRICK SH0TS.

Power ups....I realy hope Dice dont pull this Battlefront Shit off a second time....

53 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Power ups....I realy hope Dice dont pull this Battlefront Shit off a second time....

IK just a joke.

i thank that a ww1 game would not work.  the number of weapon  are just to limited but i think that they could do a ww2 game and that would work if they had all the Guns they had back then even if they did not have the number of guns we wanted just go back to BF 1942 that was one of my favriot games of all time the large scale  and all of the fun.  but now there are small maps compared to games like arma they need to go back to the games we came to love and let us mod them.  now i am left with mods for other games and just cant get that large scale war  that was fun (arma3 tacBF is amazing)