Can't install .Net Framework 3.5

Go to solution Solved by zenspider,

You should be able to install it from the "Turn on Windows Features" menu In Programs and Features. 

Hey guys,

So recently I reinstalled Windows 10 on my pc. For some programs, I'm required to install .NET Framework 3.5, but I don't seem to succeed. I've tried quite a few solutions, but none of them seem to work.

There was a solution that worked for many, which includes mounting Windows ISO and running a command in CMD: "DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs", but for me it just hangs

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

and that's it.

Any suggestions?

Just now, Faustas said:

When I try to run this, it tells me that I need .NET Framework 3.5 to run this. If I try to install it from there, it just keeps searching for hours

It tells you to install .NET Framework to install .NET Framework? I think windows is being more like windon't again.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Just now, NTF5252 said:

It tells you to install .NET Framework to install .NET Framework? I think windows is being more like windon't again.

Yeah, it just gives me the same window as when I try to run a program, that requires .NET Framework 3.5. When I press "Download and install this feature" it just keeps searching and searching without doing anything else

Just now, Faustas said:

Yeah, it just gives me the same window as when I try to run a program, that requires .NET Framework 3.5. When I press "Download and install this feature" it just keeps searching and searching without doing anything else

Try a newer version. IIRC they all are built on the previous. 

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

2 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

Try a newer version. IIRC they all are built on the previous. 

It says that Win10 comes with .NET 4 and 4.5

What @zenspider said:

EoJJHtj.png

I don't remember if .Net Framework 3.5 is enabled by default on Windows 10. It may be disabled by default, just go double check.

Note: You can't run the .Net Framework updater on Windows 10 since that was originally made for Windows 8 and lower.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

4 hours ago, ionbasa said:

What @zenspider said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, zenspider said:

You should be able to install it from the "Turn on Windows Features" menu In Programs and Features. 

Thanks, I've tried this before, but it just kept searching for files. Just tried it, and now it works! Thanks