MSI GT72 2QE Hinge Issue

JMSOG

So, back in July, I got the MSI GT72 2QE. I love this laptop dearly. However, in the last week or two, an issue has come up: the plastic has begun to separate at the bottom-left hinge. Normally I can "snap" it back together, and it mostly only happens when I open the laptop, but it's getting concerning. If I don't hold that point firmly as I open it (my current solution), the laptop makes an uncomfortable "cracking" sound.

I am fairly sure no internal components are being damaged, as far as I can tell this is just the outside plastic.

Before I break out the tools or super glue, or whatever the correct solution would be...suggestions?

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

Don't fiddle with it yourself, contact MSI support for warranty repair. 

I had this same problem with a HP laptop a few years ago, at the time it was older than the two year warranty, so i used super glue aswell to get it back together.

It worked for a while, untill the hinge got fixed into position and i couldnt open the darn laptop.

So , first contact MSI support, please :P

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Just now, VincentiusIV said:

Don't fiddle with it yourself, contact MSI support for warranty repair. 

I had this same problem with a HP laptop a few years ago, at the time it was older than the two year warranty, so i used super glue aswell to get it back together.

It worked for a while, untill the hinge got fixed into position and i couldnt open the darn laptop.

So , first contact MSI support, please :P

...I honestly did not even consider contacting MSI on the issue :P This is probably the best call...thank you!

My Build, "Helios"

CPU: 5950x with Noctua NH-D15

GPU: MSI 2080ti

Case: BE QUIET! Dark Base 900 Pro

Storage: Samsung 970  pro 500gb (boot drive), unknown 2tb Seagate drive, 4tb WD Black drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

RAM: (4x8) Trident Z RGB

Remote PC Starter Kit

5 minutes ago, JMSOG said:

...I honestly did not even consider contacting MSI on the issue :P This is probably the best call...thank you!

No problemo :)

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen