Picking up a new mouse... Need some advice.

Dr. Illuminati

So with the announcement of Team Fortress 2 competitive being all but confirmed with in game files and a group made by valve, i decided i wanted to step up my mouse game. 

I picked a few and i have the Logitech G 502, SS rival 300 and Mionix castor. help me pick winch one. 

I am righted handed, so i don't need ambidextrous stuff, and i need a minim of 2 buttons (Mumble coms and in game coms)

I have a minimum of ~80 USD to spend

8 minutes ago, Dr. Illuminati said:

So with the announcement of Team Fortress 2 competitive being all but confirmed with in game files and a group made by valve, i decided i wanted to step up my mouse game. 

I picked a few and i have the Logitech G 502, SS rival 300 and Maxnonic castor. help me pick winch one. 

I am righted handed, so i don't need ambidextrous stuff, and i need a minim of 2 buttons (Mumble coms and in game coms)

I have a minimum of ~80 USD to spend

G502. Hands down.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I can vote for G502, perfect tracking, although I prefer the materials used in my old G5. Can't really say anything about Steel Series since I've never used one. 

"Euler was a mathematical gangster" - Prof. Edwards Frenkel

8 hours ago, Duchess said:

G602.  Wires are for the dinosaurs

I have always thought wireless could get some interference and generally had delay.

Something that would obviously not be good for TF2 Competetive.

5 hours ago, Pothoffin said:

I have always thought wireless could get some interference and generally had delay.

Something that would obviously not be good for TF2 Competetive.

I play League of Legends and I can't tell the difference between the 602 and 502. I own both. Granted that's at 30hz I think because it's a laptop connected to a big 4k tv. Idk if the low framerate hides mouse lag.

The only interference I've ever had was with an old m510 when USB 3.0 came out and I had a cheap 3.0 Bluetooth dongle plugged in right next to the mouse receiver. Moved it to other side of laptop and it was fine

Just now, Duchess said:

Granted that's at 30hz I think because it's a laptop connected to a big 4k tv. Idk if the low framerate hides mouse lag.

Well, everything is good enough for LoL. :>

On a serious note, i tried playing on a tv once when i visited a teammate(BF4 jetpilot, so not really impacted by lag) and it was just horrible, even on the desktop it was

unbelievably sluggish, it is no wonder that you arent seeing any difference. Altough it should be noted that Logitech´s wireless mice are responding faster than a lot of wired mice from competitors, especially when considering A9800, 3310 and 3988.

4 hours ago, woll3 said:

Well, everything is good enough for LoL. :>

On a serious note, i tried playing on a tv once when i visited a teammate(BF4 jetpilot, so not really impacted by lag) and it was just horrible, even on the desktop it was

unbelievably sluggish, it is no wonder that you arent seeing any difference. Altough it should be noted that Logitech´s wireless mice are responding faster than a lot of wired mice from competitors, especially when considering A9800, 3310 and 3988.

Well everything is good enough for LoL if you arent top 1%

I cant recommend g502 for 2 only downsides:

1. heavy mouse (120g mouse alone) 

2. Metal mousewheel - the coating on the wheel is wearing off after an year of daily use and its getting that typical metal smell.

SS Rival is very popular but i personally dont like the design. G502 has very nice ergonomic claw grip case.

Therefore my recommendation would be Final Mouse. In fact thats my next mouse :)

In case u dont mind a heavier mouse then i can %100 recommend G502.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I have a G502, and can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol