Folding GPU w/o working video output

So I'm headed out tomorrow to go look at a GTX 980 that doesn't have any working outputs. Typically this would be a deal-breaker but since I plan on using it for folding, will this matter at all? It's for $100 USD (I'm going to try and talk him down a little lower) and I would love to add that to my folding rig. Obviously, not having any working outputs makes me nervous but for the price, I'm willing to take a risk. Also, if I brought a computer with me is there any way to run a test to see if it can actually work as far as just computing?

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

If you're not hooking up any displays to it, nope. My 660 Ti does folding and I have no use for the ports at the moment. Nothing is plugged into them.

As for the very last question, that is something you will need to ask the person selling it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Of course you can test it... Use any other display out and run a benchmark on the card.. or if you have a 980, use sli and check the performance.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Run the folding program on the card and see what your getting.. you should have an idea what score it should get..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If you're not hooking up any displays to it, nope. My 660 Ti does folding and I have no use for the ports at the moment. Nothing is plugged into them.

As for the very last question, that is something you will need to ask the person selling it.

That's what I was thinking. Just hoping that's the only issue :3

6 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

Of course you can test it... Use any other display out and run a benchmark on the card.. or if you have a 980, use sli and check the performance.

5 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

Run the folding program on the card and see what your getting.. you should have an idea what score it should get..

And I might use Unigine Heaven or 3DMark too. Thanks for the tips.

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

UPDATE: The 980 is folding like a champ. Once I got it home, I could definitely see that most (if not all) of the issues were user-created. The former owner had absolutely mangled the outputs by forcing in the connectors when they weren't lined up and he hadn't installed the card properly. The bracket (that has the holes where you screw it into the back of the case) was warped from lining them up with wrong holes. Because of that the card probably wasn't seated properly. So yeah, a success. And a 980 for $100. Sweet!

Awesome! congratz, another addition to the cause. Who doesn't wish

they could get a 980 for 100$, abit mistreated or not :P