Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

My external USB 3 HDD died, but the enclosure still works. I'll make the fastest external drive ever with this SSD in there!

I cannot afford to buy a bigger hdd never mind a ssd. I've had a 160gb hdd in my pc for two years cannot even store more than one game at a time on it. 

I would really like an SSD because it would be sooo much of an upgrade to my 8 year old 320GB HDD you can't even imagine!

Best of luck to everyone who joined!

On 2/8/2016 at 0:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I think this is how it works... I haven't used forms before. Anyway, I want a ssd because my current hdd is over 10 years old.

I want to build my girlfriend her own PC so she can use it to plan all the lessons for her primary school class and an SSD would make the PC a much nicer machine to use with the added speeds for all her documents. Everyone should have an SSD in their system even if it's just the massive time saved for the system booting over HDDs.

OH MEHNNNN.

Is sooooo hard getting SSDs (or any new tech, really) down here in Uganda :D

I have a 240GB SSD that I bought off one of my fellow geeks. It's been my life, but with Adobe & Unity's love for space, I have nowhere to store my digital art tutorials and BroForce :D:D:D

Y U NO GIMME SSD?????

:D

Everyone should probably have some sort of SSD in their system. It is a great for a boot drive with a few key applications and maybe a game or two. I was going to get a SSD, but my Seagate HDD died and I had to get another HDD. I have a lot of seasonal jobs, so I am currently unemployed. It would be nice to have a SSD for the reasons mentioned above. They are really nice additions to any PC.  

I would like an SSD because I don't currently have the money to spend on an ssd, yet I would really appreciate the faster boots, and loads that I would benefit from were I to win. I am hoping to upgrade my system in 6-12 months, so this win would really help me bring that date forward with one less expenditure!

On a side note, I would like to quickly say how much I enjoy your videos, seeing as in the past I have rarely commented on your YouTube videos to tell you this!

On 8 February 2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

I've had a hard drive In My PC for over 6 years and only last year got an SSD for my boot drive, and I'm so glad I did. As soon as I installed it I noticed the increase in speed, a boot up would take over a minute and now it takes about 30 seconds. This is why I think everyone should have an SSD and I kind of want another because it only 240Gb I want one to store all my games on aswell.

Just built my very first pc so an SSD in the build would be a fantastic addition for a budget pc. Thanks guys.

On 8. 2. 2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

I have currently 1TB and 2TB HDD running inside my rig, they make a lot of noise and are SLOW, booting takes over 2 minutes... SSD is much faster than HDD which, in some cases, can speed up your productivity a lot if you are making videos and it makes whole system much faster, that´s why everyone should have an SSD and that´s why I also want one :) (sorry for the thing on the top... I´m new on this forum)

I have a supercheap Acer 11.6'' laptop with a 500gb WD HDD. I have a 120GB ssd on my desktop pc, and they speed up every slow system. So, i would like it to speed up my laptop. IT TAKES 3 MINUTES TO BOOT WITH A HDD, SAVE ME!!!

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

because i dont have ssd's on this build, even other components are pretty expensive :(

I want an SSD for my dad's old 2009 macbook pro. It's hdd only pushes 30/MB read, and it's in dire need for an upgrade.

Spoiler

I want it because my pc takes 10 minutes to boot up

I had an SSD but my dog set it on fire.

The day I bought my SSD, I had a candle that spreads sweet smell around my room sitting on top of my shelf - I left my room for a second, all the books were on the ground and the handle was burning a hole through my SSD that I've just unpacked.

#rekt

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

I want a SSD in my rig because of faster booting times. Since my rig is productivity based it will come in handy.

It's quite simple why I would love to win this SSD - because I don't have one. Yeah, I am still booting from my 3.5 year old WD Caviar Blue, and I have to wait for a full minute before I can do anything on my PC. I wanted to get SSD, but I just can't save that "much" money. Yeah, they are much cheaper, but they are still a luxury for me. I'm advising everyone who hasn't upgraded to a SSD to do so as quickly as possible because of the better performance and longevity of a SSD compared to a traditional HDD - much faster read/write speed, MUCH better access time, lower consumption (not that relevant though). I mean, it's better in every segment. I don't know why would anyone buy HDD for anything other than storing files. Once you go SSD, you can never go HDD. Yeah, thanks for this opportunity to anyone involved in this giveaway.

On 8. 2. 2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine co2bit/1KB.

Because I have 80GB really slow 8 years old Hard Drive. Only

Because it is a relatively cheap way to boost the speed of your computer

I have an SSD but it's performance is a little disappointing. I guess it's what I get for spending $35 on it. SSDs are great for modded games, and fast boots.

I would love to set up a boot and programs drive on my laptop. It has space for another 2.5 in hard drive, and this would be perfect.

On 2016. 02. 08. at 8:42 AM, adams said:

my current ssd is 120gb and it is full and I have no games on it!, I am considering a new ssd right now, so winning this would save me alot of money!

On 2016. 02. 08. at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

On 2016. 02. 08. at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I want to upgrade my regular hdd pc with fast ssds 
everyone should have one couse its speed :D

I would love to be able to have a SSD in my dell inspiron laptop. An ultrabook should not come widouth an ssd.

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070