10GbE Ethernet Switch Config

Beyondtech

Good Afternoon,

I have come here with regards to constructing my new network. I am implementing a 10GbE network. I am currently defiantly getting the Netgear 12-port 10GbE Switch. I am currently querying my second "normal" switch. Will it be better to get one of these: 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZCFUDG/ref=twister_B015GKJIF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

or two of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZCFUDG/ref=twister_B015GKJIF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would be able to link these to my main switch using the four 10GbE ports that are on both of these. 

Ultimately the two switches (or three) would have a 20gbit link between them... so which is better? The single 52 port on the 2 28 port. 

Thanks in advance!

~BeyondTech

BeyondTech

DISCLAIMER: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of his family or of the little green men that have been following him all day. 
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for some of the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

My Rig:

-  Intel 4790K (overclocked 4.4Ghz)

-  Dual Gtx 970 FTW

-  Asus Z97-DELUXE/USB 3.1

-  16GB Corsair Vengeance

-  Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD

-  Corsair AX1200i (why? I have no clue... )

-  Hyper 212 Evo

your links are both the same . if the netgear has 4 10gb ports then it should be nearly equal the single 52 port switch or the dual 28 port ones

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

23 hours ago, Beyondtech said:

-snip-

I am assuming your comparing 1x 52 port versus 2x 28 port non-poe versions of the linked switch?

Price: the 52 port version is better.

Volume/space: 52 port is better again.

bandwidth: 52 port version is better. (176v128gbps)

However, keep in mind that if you need it, the 2x 28 port switches could be better, giving 256gbps total bandwidth, and as they are stack-able, it wouldn't add too much to managing the switches. It'd cost more, but not much more.

Thanks Blake!

I will be going with the 2x28 ports because I can setup some redundancy and the imporved bandwidth will defiantly impact my teams workflow. 

~BeyondTech

BeyondTech

DISCLAIMER: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of his family or of the little green men that have been following him all day. 
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for some of the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

My Rig:

-  Intel 4790K (overclocked 4.4Ghz)

-  Dual Gtx 970 FTW

-  Asus Z97-DELUXE/USB 3.1

-  16GB Corsair Vengeance

-  Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD

-  Corsair AX1200i (why? I have no clue... )

-  Hyper 212 Evo