Possible HD 5850 Issue

Hello everyone!

I used to fold since the Prescott era, but now the numbers these gpus are cruncing are ridicilus! My gtx 970 does in 2 hours what my Pentium 4 did in 2 days!

So i have a second rig, in the living room, for movies and stuff,i3-3250, B75M-D3H,  4GB ram, Win 7 64bit ,and it pulls like 6K PPD. So i thought why not install my old HD 5850 for extra poinst.

SO i did that, install crimson drivers, nothing gpu sits idle. Ok something is wrong with the client, even though the client recognises the cart. Reinstall everything. Still 0% usage.

After some googling, i unistall everything, with DDU and ccleaner, and install catalyst 14.9 and f@h again. Now it works, but i'm getting like 13-15K PPD.  Another 6-8K from the i3 for a total of 20-23K ish PPD.

So my question is, is that any good?  Btw the HD 5850 is overclocked, from the drivers core and memory on max.

Screenshot  (without the i3 because at the time i thought it kept back the HD 5850)

As far as I know, the "official" support is only from the 6000 series and above. Many people still claim to run 5000 fine, but you as you have seen yourself, they aren't exactly the best of the best.......

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

As far as I know, the "official" support is only from the 6000 series and above. Many people still claim to run 5000 fine, but you as you have seen yourself, they aren't exactly the best of the best.......

What he said. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99