GPU Waterblock suggestion for MSI AMD 7950

I'm buying this card, tomorrow MSI Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7950 3GB

Have been looking at this waterblock, Watercool HEATKILLER GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl, but it doesn't say if it is compatiable with it so I am looking for waterblock suggestions for my Blue Bitfenix Prodigy

I really like the waterblock that I picked out but wanted to get other ideas and such, the reason for this thread.

My color scheme is Blue/Black/Chrome

-Thanks

Didn't know about these tools. Thank you very much for showing me. I will look into this and maybe another card as well just in case but I really really like this GPU so I will go from there and see where I end up at.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my card, kind of confused on the entire thing. Ordered the GPU listed in OP, but all the signs seems to point that it's a Boost Edition but doesn't say so on the side of the box. 1] Because it says so on the front of the box. 2] Because it came stock 960mhz. I guess that is what the boost edition mhz was, 880 stock/960boost but I no nothing and still just looking for a little help in the right direction on this learning experience.

Anyways, based on the config and such, I like this waterblock more EK-FC7950 for AMD Reference Design Radeon HD 7950 - Acetal + EN (Nickel)

Based on these pictures below is how I have chosen my waterblock

*Yes, I'm a noob to GPU's

Image1.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

Looks like that card might use the 7970 reference design. You should probably check the compatibility again.

Check to see if the PCB has a reference design. Otherwise it might not be compatible.

7950_zpsd40b7080.jpg

I have the same card. If your card has one 6pin and one 8pin power connector then it has a reference 7970 pcb, if it has two 6pin connectors it has a reference 7950 pcb.

But I have also been looking for watercooling my gpu + cpu and most EK gpu blocks for the 7970 also fit on the 7950, just read the description.

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

I have the same card. If your card has one 6pin and one 8pin power connector then it has a reference 7970 pcb, if it has two 6pin connectors it has a reference 7950 pcb.

But I have also been looking for watercooling my gpu + cpu and most EK gpu blocks for the 7970 also fit on the 7950, just read the description.

Yes it does have a 6/8Pin power connection.

Yes it does have a 6/8Pin power connection.

Great! It will overclock like a beast  :)

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)