How do I enable Intel quick sync for OBS streaming?

Zeako_

So I am currently in the bios and idk what I need to enable for this.

I have an Intel core i5 4440 so this works for QS

Also I had a Gigabyte board

The closest thing I would think it is is

"Intel Virualization Technology" which is already enabled

Ps- I am using a dedicated GPU ( R7 370 )

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/358175-how-to-why-quicksync-and-open-broadcaster-software-picture-heavy/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

It should be in the encoding tab in settings. Make sure iGPU Multi-Monitor is enabled in the bios if you have a graphics card installed. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It should be in the encoding tab in settings. Make sure iGPU Multi-Monitor is enabled in the bios if you have a graphics card installed.

Yeah where in the bios is the iGPU multi monitoring button I don't see it

Yeah where in the bios is the iGPU multi monitoring button I don't see it

It's a setting that can be named something slightly different depending on the motherboard. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm sure quick sync is an i7 feature, I know 4690k's don't support it.

CPU: i7 4790k 4.6GHz @ 1.19v     GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 1590Core     RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo Raid 0

Cooler: Corsair H110i GT             Case: NZXT H440 Black Windowed          1TB WDD Blue, NZXT Hue+, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Asus VX347H x2

I'm sure quick sync is an i7 feature, I know 4690k's don't support it.

all haswells with gpus support it

also..you don't need to turn on quicksync..its part of the driver...its automatically on if the driver is installed properly

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if your using a 370..why are you using quick sync...use amd VCE

all haswells with gpus support it

also..you don't need to turn on quicksync..its part of the driver...its automatically on if the driver is installed properly

Are you certain? If so I'll have to have a look into it tomorrow because that adds to a list of odd things about my processor. I read in a few places that quicksync was exclusive to i7's

Hopefully my 4690k is broken anyway as I want a 1231v3 instead now lol

CPU: i7 4790k 4.6GHz @ 1.19v     GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 1590Core     RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo Raid 0

Cooler: Corsair H110i GT             Case: NZXT H440 Black Windowed          1TB WDD Blue, NZXT Hue+, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Asus VX347H x2

Are you certain? If so I'll have to have a look into it tomorrow because that adds to a list of odd things about my processor. I read in a few places that quicksync was exclusive to i7's

Not sure where you read that..

QuickSync has been available on many cpus with igpu's since SandyB. http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?s=t&QuickSyncVideo=true

Hopefully my 4690k is broken anyway as I want a 1231v3 instead now lol

Yes, it isn't limited to i7s. Even ULV i5 chips have it. It's part of the iGPU's capabilities. As long as the iGPU is turned on and usable, you'll be able to use it. If yours is turned off, then that's different. For example, I can't use my 4800MQ's iGPU because mobile chipsets don't support turning on the iGPU unless using Optimus, and SLI doesn't support Optimus, so I can never turn on my iGPU for quicksync access. If I was using a P170SM I would have access to it.

And a Xeon 1231 v3 doesn't have an iGPU, so you won't have it there anyway.

if your using a 370..why are you using quick sync...use amd VCE

Because VCE isn't fully supported in OBS, and requires a third party plugin anyway. And I believe after a certain driver it completely broke, though I am not certain.

Plus, hardware encoders still use some GPU power. It's not much, but in terms of hit on a game, quicksync would have a smaller hit than NVENC/VCE.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yes, it isn't limited to i7s. Even ULV i5 chips have it. It's part of the iGPU's capabilities. As long as the iGPU is turned on and usable, you'll be able to use it. If yours is turned off, then that's different. For example, I can't use my 4800MQ's iGPU because mobile chipsets don't support turning on the iGPU unless using Optimus, and SLI doesn't support Optimus, so I can never turn on my iGPU for quicksync access. If I was using a P170SM I would have access to it.

And a Xeon 1231 v3 doesn't have an iGPU, so you won't have it there anyway.

Because VCE isn't fully supported in OBS, and requires a third party plugin anyway. And I believe after a certain driver it completely broke, though I am not certain.

Plus, hardware encoders still use some GPU power. It's not much, but in terms of hit on a game, quicksync would have a smaller hit than NVENC/VCE.

its fully supported on the vce version of obs

and yes..its not vce anymore..its like mdk or w/e amd changed it to...but it still works nicely

Last time I enabled it was a setting in the bios, I had to enable the intel igpu and then install the igpu drivers OBS detected it from there. That was on an i3 2120 by the way so it should be supported on any of the Core i's

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

its fully supported on the vce version of obs

and yes..its not vce anymore..its like mdk or w/e amd changed it to...but it still works nicely

Didn't know they fixed it yet. I hadn't been looking it up. Does it work with OBS multiplatform yet?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday