A Problem With Firefox

Hello, I really hate asking for help, but since this is the only tech forum I have used and trust I didn't know where else to turn.

So I didn't really change anything that i know of, but when I just went to youtube it looked very basic, as if it was only running off of html and not css, but to be honest I am not that experienced in programming languages to locate the problem. This only happens when I use firefox.

Here's an image of what I see :  post-280874-0-87272900-1452884008_thumb.

Have you tried Ctrl + F5? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yup, didn't work

clear cache

if that doesnt work, reinstall firefox

when downloading, make sure to click systems and languages and then down the 64 bit one (English US)

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Yup, didn't work

This happens at my college whenever there is an SSL error on one of the domains hosting a resource. I'd guess your version of Firefox must be behind in expiry dates for root certificates. Either that or Google may be actively working on the site. Try updating your browser or downloading a different version of Firefox (Waterfox/Nightly/Dev Edition) or just use a different browser.

clear cache

when downloading, make sure to click systems and languages and then down the 64 bit one (English US)

Just to let you know, only the installer .exe is 64 bit, not the actual Firefox binary. Mozilla only recently compiled a real 64-bit firefox binary during December last year, and that's still in BETA as far as I know. Waterfox is the only working 64-bit variant of Firefox as far as I know.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

clear cache

Cleared the cache, didn't work

This happens at my college whenever there is an SSL error on one of the domains hosting a resource. I'd guess your version of Firefox must be behind in expiry dates for root certificates. Either that or Google may be actively working on the site. Try updating your browser or downloading a different version of Firefox (Waterfox/Nightly/Dev Edition) or just use a different browser.

Just to let you know, only the installer .exe is 64 bit, not the actual Firefox binary. Mozilla only recently compiled a real 64-bit firefox binary during December last year, and that's still in BETA as far as I know. Waterfox is the only working 64-bit variant of Firefox at this point.

Yea this sounds very possible, but I have done many things to this version of firefox and don't really wanna reinstall firefox. Is there a way I can fix the issue with my current version of firefox so I can use yt normally ?

Yea this sounds very possible, but I have done many things to this version of firefox and don't really wanna reinstall firefox. Is there a way I can fix the issue with my current version of firefox so I can use yt normally ?

Backup your firefox user profile folder, which can be found in

%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Uninstall Firefox, re-install, and then restore your user data. The profiles folder contains themes, history, logins, extensions, addons, but NOT plugins e.g. flash, silverlight.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Just to let you know, only the installer .exe is 64 bit, not the actual Firefox binary. Mozilla only recently compiled a real 64-bit firefox binary during December last year, and that's still in BETA as far as I know. Waterfox is the only working 64-bit variant of Firefox as far as I know.

The Firefox binary IS 64-bit in STABLE. You can read this on Mozilla's site.

post-89076-0-19107300-1452885425.png

Maybe reset Firefox? Back up your profile.

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation:

Uninstall Firefox, re-install, and then restore your user data. The profiles folder contains themes, history, logins, extensions, addons, but NOT plugins e.g. flash, silverlight.

Ok, thanks for telling me that, but will my tabs be restored ? Or will i have to copy the links to a notepad ?

Ok, thanks for telling me that, but will my tabs be restored ? Or will i have to copy the links to a notepad ?

copy links

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation:

copy links

Have you tried Ctrl + F5? 

Ok I will Backup and replace the folder after i have reinstalled firefox, thanks for all the help guys ! I will make sure to copy the links too.

Oh and one last question, how should i backup the folder ? should i just go back to that location after installing firefox again and replace the new profile folder that would be created with the old one ? Also isn't there a chance that this could return the issues with yt ?

It's an issue with Adblock Plus blocking a CSS on YouTube. Either wait for them to fix it, add an exception or use something better, like uBlock Origin.

There were posts on /r/firefox about it.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

The Firefox binary IS 64-bit in STABLE. You can read this on Mozilla's site.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Ah. Thanks for the info :D

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Turn off adblock use uBlock Origin instead as it doesn't cause issue with websites.