Help! Buying Sennheiser Game Zero's

BottleneckHunter

Hello, i recently made a thread asking which audio hardware to buy and I thought I had my answer but I have changed my mind. Originally I was thinking of a pair of NVX headphones and a modmic but I hate this idea because they are ugly and dont seem impressive. So I stumbled upon the sennheiser game zeros (closed back) headset and I think I love it. I want closed back and good bass and over the ear cups. Now some sites are saying it is 150ohm and others are saying 50. So which one is it? All the reviews say 150 but the site and Amazon say 50. I also own the msi z87 XPower motherboard which has a built-in amp that apparently supports up to 600ohm so will this setup work well for games and music? Thanks

Stuff n Things

why dont you get some sennheiser game "one"

with the open design the sound is better and IMO they have some nice bass too

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I bought a pair of the "Game zero" headset and found the quality of music from them was horrible along with the base. But kept on doing more research and found that people were saying to buy an audio card. The microphone also broke about a month to two months in however they came with a 2 year warranty. I have yet to ship for a repair since i'm deployed. But will as soon as i get back and hope to have them fully working again. I will say they are extremely comfy though and could wear them all day long and not feel a thing.

I bought a pair of the "Game zero" headset and found the quality of music from them was horrible along with the base. But kept on doing more research and found that people were saying to buy an audio card. The microphone also broke about a month to two months in however they came with a 2 year warranty. I have yet to ship for a repair since i'm deployed. But will as soon as i get back and hope to have them fully working again. I will say they are extremely comfy though and could wear them all day long and not feel a thing.

A sound card will not help you in this case.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."