Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Just got an email from UPS saying that my macross keycaps were delivered!

So, I'm back home now and have managed to get my Granite keys put on to my V60.

I'll stick pics up in a couple of days, bit too dark at the moment to get any decent pictures of the kit.

I'm really enjoying the feel of them, both for the thickness they have and the slightly rough texture that they have.

Is making typing feel really nice on this board, coupled with my fave switch (That I've used so far).

Looks as good as I had hoped and has no defects like some people where reporting or atleast not that I can tell of.

Glad to finally have this board complete, now all I need to get is a small sleeve to carry it in.

I'm using the foam sleeve that the board came in at the moment, but its starting to rip and the like.

Anyone know any decent sleeves for carrying boards around in your bags? I've found this for pretty cheap, but was wondering if anyone else knew anything that they had used.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Just got an email from UPS saying that my macross keycaps were delivered!

Well they ended up coming. Hopefully I'll post some pics tonight. I'm taking my time and adding some orings right away. Ran into an error already though. The letter for the numpad 1 key is upside-down.

So I got a new Ducky Mini with red switches. I changed the keycaps to PBT grey/blue and RGB keycap set from Ducky. I think it doesn't look too bad :D

YB0JtCn.jpg?1

rsFBCpq.jpg?1

What was the total cost of the setup? Looks sweet!

Well they ended up coming. Hopefully I'll post some pics tonight. I'm taking my time and adding some orings right away. Ran into an error already though. The letter for the numpad 1 key is upside-down.

Quality right there lol

O-Rings? Bleh! ;)

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Quality right there lol

Bad QC more than anything really...

O-Rings? Bleh! ;)

*Disregards this comment*

What was the total cost of the setup? Looks sweet!

I bought the keyboard for 2800NTD, grey/blue keycaps for 1290NTD, and I got RGB keycaps from a friend,

so 2800+1290=4090NTD, which is roughly 136USD :)

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

and here it is

KPADMacrossNumpad1Issue.jpg

Hey,im using Razer bw ultimate 2013 version(greenlights) and it uses blue switches, so loudy for gaming and going to get Steelseries 6gv2 red cherry mx version for replacement.ideas?

Hey,im using Razer bw ultimate 2013 version(greenlights) and it uses blue switches, so loudy for gaming and going to get Steelseries 6gv2 red cherry mx version for replacement.ideas?

I personally like the 6Gv2, and it's a good buy if you can find a deal on it. There are better options if you were to buy it at full retail price.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

and here it is

-snip-

Uhh... I believe 1 is upside down.. No literally, the number 1 is upside down...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Uhh... I believe 1 is upside down.. No literally, the number 1 is upside down...

yep but the keycap it self is in the correct orientation based on profile.

Money is a bit close so i was lookin for cheaper red chery mx and it matches my new set whitch is steelseries.anyway thanks alot.

I personally like the 6Gv2, and it's a good buy if you can find a deal on it. There are better options if you were to buy it at full retail price.

Well mass drop just got more of my money. Just joined the backlit PBT key cap, and the Leopold numpad with blacks drops.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Just got a Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry Brown Switches, and I'm loving it.

Dat software doe...

Is it as unwieldy as I have heard?

OP, why are MX Blues bad for gaming?

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

I've been using my Func KB-460 for a few weeks now and I love it! I got it in cherry MX blues and it feels extremely nice for typing. I also got it on sale for $80! Who needs voice search when you have an amazing mechanical keyboard  ;)

OP, why are MX Blues bad for gaming?

They aren't. Same reason that high quality membrane keyboards aren't bad for typing.

It's all preference. Some people find the noise too distracting; some find the pronounced bump distracting; some find the bump makes it harder to press the key or double/triple tap; some don't like how the reset point is so high up because of the moving clicky part in the switch.

Honestly, try them out if you can. It helps you so much. If you can't, then think about what sort of games you play and what others who play that game or have a similar playstyle to you use (aside from sponsored stuff) because that'd be a good indication of what works and feels the best for that scenario.

I've got both a Das Keyboard with ABS caps and a Poker II with thick PBT caps. I have to say I like the sound and feeling of the PBT caps more. Both with Cherry MX Blues.

Does anyone know of a place to get replacement PBT keycaps?