i7 3770K Overclock running too HOT

I've been trying to overclock my i7 3770k Ivy Bridge, but I have been reaching 90 to 100 degrees load temp when I try anything past 4.2 GHz even though my vcore is only at 1.115 (between 1.090 and 1.130 yield similar temperatures). I'm using the Corsair H100i. I know that Ivy Bridge tends to be hot, but from others online, I've read that I should be able to reach 4.5 GHz while maintaining a 80-90 degree load temp with the H100i. I've run Prime95 and have gotten it to be stable up to 4.4 GHz, but 90+ to 100 temp seem way too high given the voltage. My idle temp is around 45 degrees when running at 4.4 GHz and vcore 1.115, but load temp is 99 degrees, flexs between 95-99. Is there something obvious I'm missing? I've tried increasing the fan speeds towards the radiator, but they seem to do little if anything. I'm considering about applying new thermal paste, maybe the preapplied paste wasn't cutting it or maybe replacing the H100i.

The best temperaute I've gotten so far is 90-95 degrees at load at 4.4 GHz with a vcore of 1.125, but is only stable on prime95 up to 2 hours give or take. My goal is to get it to be around 80-85 degrees at 4.5 GHz or higher. I've heard that the H100i should be able to handle around 1.3-1.4 vcore without much of an issue, but I've been unable to obtain those numbers.

Some advice would be appreciated.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5 GHz
Cooler Master HAF 932 Case
Corsair H100i Water Cooler

I use Core Temp 1.0 RC5 and CorsairLINK2 to monitor my temperautes

You should probably reseat your heatsink.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The performance of every chip differs depending on purely luck. Some chips will be able to reach 5Ghz with 1.3v, like mine, while others might not be able to get past stock frequency with 1.5v running through because the chip just can't handle it. It's purely luck, at least you don't have the worst chip available. Ivy doesn't run that how, Haswell does run a lot hotter but the 3770k runs hotter than the 3570k due to hyperthreading.

You could try reseating the heatsink and ensuring you only hava small amount of thermal paste. Too much thermal paste makes the paste act as an insulator; increasing temperatures.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

First things that comes to mind is:

1. Reseat your CPU block

2. you have a really bad overclocker but I think that you just need to reseat the H100i

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Sounds like either badly seated heat sink, a fault on your H100i (pump?) or a bad chip.

On that voltage you should be in the mid 70's low 80's running Prime95.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Re seat. If that doesn't work you can try a de lid or just tune down your OC. Unfortunately for you if the re seat doesn't work you got a bad chip.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yeah re set the block. I have a 3770k at 4.3 on air (Hyper 212+) and its maxing at 60c running prime.

Edit: thats at 50% fan speed so it would be the block.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Thanks for everyone's help, I ordered some Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound so once I get it I'll try resetting the H100i. Labour Day pushed it to Thursday :( but I'll live.

Thanks for everyone's help, I ordered some Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound so once I get it I'll try resetting the H100i. Labour Day pushed it to Thursday :( but I'll live.

Just dial your overclock down for now then so you don't cause any damage as the maximum recommended temperature at the IHS for that CPU is 67.4 degrees Celsius

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop