HDMI cords with built in ethernet

Xtreme Gamer

What are the hdmi cords with built in ethernet about? Do they work? How do they work? How do you set 'em up?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

What are the hdmi cords with built in ethernet about? Do they work? How do they work? How do you set 'em up?

They won't work with your pc if that's what you're wondering.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

They're made for smart TVs and Blu-Ray players.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Ok, so basically, they are HDMI cables that allow a single ethernet connection to be shared between compatible devices. Let me make up an example:

Imagine you have a new SmartTV and the PS4 and some 5.1 home cinema with "wireless audio" options, All of this peripherals have HDMI 1.4+ compatibility and can share ethernet. and then you have an iPad with music.

The idea is the next, you would connect your SmartTV to a ethernet RJ-48 port (or wifi), then you connect the PS4 and the home cinema to the TV using a HDMI 1.4+ cable. The internet conection would be shared between all of this devices, allowing you to acces online functionality from your PS4 without connecting it to any other thing than to your TV and will allow you to stream music from your ipad to the 5.1 home cinema through the wireless->router->tv->HDMI->home cinema connection.

All of this is the theretical capabilities, I dont think you can connect ethernet to your PS4 through HDMI.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Ok, so basically, they are HDMI cables that allow a single ethernet connection to be shared between compatible devices. Let me make up an example:

Imagine you have a new SmartTV and the PS4 and some 5.1 home cinema with "wireless audio" options, All of this peripherals have HDMI 1.4+ compatibility and can share ethernet. and then you have an iPad with music.

The idea is the next, you would connect your SmartTV to a ethernet RJ-48 port (or wifi), then you connect the PS4 and the home cinema to the TV using a HDMI 1.4+ cable. The internet conection would be shared between all of this devices, allowing you to acces online functionality from your PS4 without connecting it to any other thing than to your TV and will allow you to stream music from your ipad to the 5.1 home cinema through the wireless->router->tv->HDMI->home cinema connection.

All of this is the theretical capabilities, I dont think you can connect ethernet to your PS4 through HDMI.

Are you sure you're talking about RJ-48?

And not RJ-45?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB