Best budget router

ScubaChase

I moved into a new house and there is no option available for a wired connection and my current router is located down stairs and the connection is slow when it get to my computer, whats the best budget router to boost the signal up to me?

i've had some very good experiences with the asus rt-ac86u range-wise.

its just sad that both of mine instantly bit the dust because of dirty input power...

EDIT: yes, i sent them back, i had an amazing custommer support experience, thats why i go to the store i go. no, its no asus' fault, they simply cannot prepare for every possible scenario, including the scenario in my garage. its that bad it already killed an UPS, which was also replaced within warranty.

Where do you live? in my country router is included from the ISP

Have you considered powerline? It tends to be better than WiFi. 

No I haven't are any of the adapters good?

I moved into a new house and there is no option available for a wired connection and my current router is located down stairs and the connection is slow when it get to my computer, whats the best budget router to boost the signal up to me?

use some powerline adapters

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Where do you live? in my country router is included from the ISP

Michigan, one came with it but its not very good.

Michigan, one came with it but its not very good.

I got one which was crap when i moved in. changed it for another. Still experienced some signal loss. but it fixed itself and have been running perfect since for over 2 years.

soooo did you try change in you're router shouldn’t cost a thing.

I got one which was crap when i moved in. changed it for another. Still experienced some signal loss. but it fixed itself and have been running perfect since for over 2 years.

soooo did you try change in you're router shouldn’t cost a thing.

I believe this is the router I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122585&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Network+-+Wireless+Routers-_-N82E16833122585&gclid=Cj0KEQiAv5-zBRCAzfWGu-2jo70BEiQAj_F8oCoXEiaQT4Y5dOz52IABpsoWKKFxTRMg5grjG_qFgVQaAkja8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Have you considered powerline? It tends to be better than WiFi. 

I can second this. I have a powerline adapter from dlink and I have no speed loss. I do have increased ping, but it's still under 70 most of the time so I can game on it.

If that's the one you have then the issue isn't your router. The difference between even N300 and the highest end gear is pretty much all in the speeds you can get at close range. None of the higher end routers are going to give you much of an improvement for speeds at long range. Especially given how saturated the long range 2.4Ghz band is.

Assuming the NIC in your PC is decent you have two solutions (and neither involve getting a new router):

1. Run Ethernet between your router and the location you want better performance

2. Use Powerline adapters to do the same

Once you have a network port in that location via powerline or otherwise it's then upto you what else you plug into it. A swtich and have everything wired, maybe a second access point. Whatever. The point is that you're not going to do much solve wireless range issues by upgrading your wireless gear. Distance is the issue not the gear.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing