[Build Log] Replacing the tired old Core 2 Duo System

tyson.b

Update:

​I put in a proposal for a sponsorship by messaging asus on facebook for the strix 970, their ac wireless router, and their ac pcie wireless card.

While this system is somewhat plain, it will be a beast at 1080p gaming and with the help of asus my dream can come alive. Otherwise, I will be sitting for months for cash flow to buy their router, gpu and wireless card.

Here is the message I sent.

"Hello Asus, my name is T**** B**** and I am contacting you regarding a possible sponsorship for my new computer build. This build will be taking the place of my current, 8+ year old system build. While it may be plain and dull looking, this computer will be a beast for playing games at 1080p. You can see the build log and what I have put into it so far by clicking on the link provided. I am currently looking at your GTX 970 STRIX and the PCE-AC68 wireless card along with RT-AC66U wireless router. I would be prepared to do a thorough review that would appeal to the modern buyer that doesn't know much about routers, wireless cards or graphics cards in exchange for the 970, wireless card and router, as well as putting multiple banners on my build log and thanking you on it. It has over 475 views on it now and it would help everyone if a sponsorship was in place. You can see the anticipated specifications of the system in the first post, and if you'd like to contribute to the build please contact me at t*******@gmail.com Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing back from you!"

Wow I must look so dumb right now, I tried to edit my post and ended up reposting it in quote format. Admin, if you see this, please delete this post

So I got hit by another car today and am paying the price. I've listed this unfinished build on sites like craigslist and I'm hoping I can sell it to some dummy for $300.

Don't worry LTT, I will be back. I will be building a no compromises system in a cooler master elite 110 for my next rig. Keep tuned in.