MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Looks awesome so far! Comcast will probably charge me an extra $500 for loading up all these pictures, but it'll be worth it!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Update time!

Proudly sponsored by:

Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB

Well hello there! I thought I would share a little how to of how I splice my cables together when creating custom cables. I did not think to do the sleeving side of things though as I did not have enough time to take photos... I have just the time when my daughter is napping during the days to get my work done :P

So here comes a little "How-to" my way ;)

You will need one of these to begin with. You know what they say - "helping hands with a magnifying glass are better than a sandwich!"... No wait :S

Firstly I lay out my cable. I cut the "parent" cable to size, and recrimp as needed. I then map out the "fetus" cable to length and strip the ends 6mm. I then proceed to remove a 6mm chunk from the "parent" cable where I want the splice to occur. 

I then take a knife and split the wires on the parent cable to make a hole. I then split the wire on the fetus cable to make a prong/fork.

I thread one side of the fetus fork through the hole.

I then twist both sides of the fetus fork in the same direction around the parent cable's loop, forming a strong bond.

I then "pre tin" the soldering iron with a little bit of tin so that the tip is wet, as I believe this transfers heat better when the tin is already forming onto the wires. I proceed to hold the soldering iron under the twisted wire, with the tin on top. I hold both onto the wires until the entire connection is hot enough, and the tin starts melting though the wires without being in direct contact with the soldering iron's tip. I find that this is best as there is minimal tin on the outside of the wire's as most of hit has melted THROUGH all of the wires, forming a super awesome bond. NOTE: Make sure that the two cables plastic wrap are not touching when doing this technique are not touching, otherwise they will melt together and have to be cut apart.

And then repeat.

As a small text guide on how I did the sleeving... (Bare with me here ;))
I sleeved the shortest cable first so that the sleevings length covered the solder. I then proceeded to sleeve the other 2 wires so that the sleeving meets the shorter wire I sleeved previously. I then put on a piece of heatshrink and warmed it enough so that the sleeving underneath melts and forms a bond to each other. IF the heatshrink melts a little, it's no biggie, just use another and warm it slightly to that it shrinks and covers the ugly.

I hope this helps you in your journey to sleeving, or creating custom cables. This is the result that I was able to achieve: 

So thank you once again for reading, and hope to see you in the next update!
Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

I will need to do this.. But will proberly be the VERY last thing i do... Else I'd just buy pre done cables, though I like to be able to make custom lengths :/

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I purchased the same 240 rad (two of them) for my upcoming build. They look great, good shots of them.

Ayo shit son. I'mma hide ma ass cuz dis shit's bout to blow dawg :D (just my ghetto side showing up)

Yo dawg, I heard yo all like custom cables..

Looks awesome so far! Comcast will probably charge me an extra $500 for loading up all these pictures, but it'll be worth it!

I am sorry for any extra charges incurred on your bill mate :(

I will need to do this.. But will proberly be the VERY last thing i do... Else I'd just buy pre done cables, though I like to be able to make custom lengths :/

I have found that doing custom length cables is the most rewarding thing that can be done. I am the type of person that enjoys perfection in the entire PC, and not just where the hardware is. If anything, I think that behind the motherboard is what makes a nice build epic ;)

I purchased the same 240 rad (two of them) for my upcoming build. They look great, good shots of them.

Thanks mate! I hope they serve you well :)

Thanks guys for the great comments! Just as a mini text update, I am currently sleeving the SATA power cable for the SSD's. This is the last thing that I have to sleeving from the PSU. :)

Best regards,

Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Yo dawg, I heard yo all like custom cables..

Shhhiiieettt son. Yo got dat right dawg. I like dem cables fo sure ! As long as the mo'fokin' colors are combiner in the right way... I love me some long ass colorful cables !  Ayo stay cool dawg !

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

I have found that doing custom length cables is the most rewarding thing that can be done. I am the type of person that enjoys perfection in the entire PC, and not just where the hardware is. If anything, I think that behind the motherboard is what makes a nice build epic ;)

I completely agree! - Though it's also expensive... The time, I'm not too worried about that, I'll make time.. but where do you get your sleeving, MDPC?

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Shhhiiieettt son. Yo got dat right dawg. I like dem cables fo sure ! As long as the mo'fokin' colors are combiner in the right way... I love me some long ass colorful cables !  Ayo stay cool dawg !

Lol! I couldn't type that even if I wanted to.

I completely agree! - Though it's also expensive... The time, I'm not too worried about that, I'll make time.. but where do you get your sleeving, MDPC?

I received this sleeving as sponsorship from Icemodz. They have nice prices there :)

Best regards,

Justin

Once I get a new PSU im going to sleeve. Right now I'm stuck with a 30$ non 80+, 500 watt, non modular cooler master PSU. I can't wait till this summer when I will make my system much better. And water cool the next.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Your friend that is having this built is getting out of it quite cheaply with sponsored parts isn't he... smart lad...

Well he has had a good deal sponsored, and hopefully have more sponsored. It isn't a reflection though of how much he saves but rather that they find this project worthy of sponsoring :) That is the honor! 

But I have to remind that EK did not sponsor those rads, I just did the unboxing because I like it, and like taking photographs :D

Best regards,

Justin

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Super mega photodump of perfectly sleeved PSU cables! This includes a custom molex from the guide that I posted earlier, and an awesomely long SATA power to reach the SSD's that will be hanging above the pump on the wall! My thanks to Mundi from Icemodz for the sleeving supplies, and Marie from Silverstone for sponsoring the Silverstone Strider ST-1200G PSU. 

PCIE4_zps2ba95115.jpg
PCIE5_zpscf18fef3.jpg
PCIE6_zps5bb4f108.jpg
PCIE7_zpsdf38681d.jpg
24pin_zpscde234d4.jpg
8pin1_zpscdf8471c.jpg
8pin2_zpsfd287e9b.jpg
8pin3_zps706ca1eb.jpg
Molex1_zps456a1d78.jpg
Molex2_zps30e021b7.jpg
Molex4_zpsb058a0e2.jpg
SATAdata1_zps17662ca8.jpg
SATAdata2_zps8573101e.jpg
SATAdata3_zps9171ae68.jpg
SATAdata4_zps3f0a90c8.jpg
SATAdata5_zps79d3d302.jpg

I had just the one good shot of the 24pin though, so I hope that it is enough for you guys :)

Have a nice one, and see you on the next update!
Best regards,

Wow so pretty. I really need to sleeve. Looks great.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

When I sleeve I was thinking about doing something just like this, black and gray, but 1 wire per connector I sleeve a color, so the cables would all be black and Grey except got the 1 say, red, cable on each connector.

Wow so pretty. I really need to sleeve. Looks great.

Thanks man, the look is worth it in the end though.

How did you heatshrinkless style 2 wires on 1 ATX pin like that? Do you have any pictures before you pushed it into the connector?

Sorry mate I have no before pictures.. But I used the same technique as sleeving a regular cable with the only difference being that there are 2 cables. The trick is to have the sleeving as far up to the pin as possible, and to set the pin with sleeving into the connector while it is still hot!! THIS IS SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT!!! When it is still hot, it can still be formed and molds itself into the connectors hole.

When I sleeve I was thinking about doing something just like this, black and gray, but 1 wire per connector I sleeve a color, so the cables would all be black and Grey except got the 1 say, red, cable on each connector.

I think that less is really more, and if you have a whole canvas of black or white cabling with just one wire with a colour, it gives the most effect! I will be sleeving like this for now on in coming projects :)

Best regards,

Justin

I love these cables :) Cant wait to see more!

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Beautiful, makes me want to sleeve my own cables.

Keep up the great work.

I love these cables :) Cant wait to see more!

Nice Cables man!

Cheers guys! I am tempted to test fit the rads, PSU, and motherboard to start planning the cable routing :) What do you think?

Best regards,

Justin

Try to post more pictures! I'm tempted to try this out once i get the money. :P

I might just make a nice little double wire sleeving guide where both wires fit inside the one terminal. Sound good?

Best regards,

Justin

I might just make a nice little double wire sleeving guide where both wires fit inside the one terminal. Sound good?

Best regards,

Justin

YES that would be perfect. 

-Gilbert

Update time!

Gday guys and girls! 

I would just like to take this time to announce Inet.se as a sponsor, as they have provided an NZXT 10 ports fan hub to the project. Thanks guys! :) So in normal order, I have unboxed this product for all to see. Please enjoy!

untitled-1-2_zpsd3a50fc8.jpg
untitled-3-2_zps00544c17.jpg
untitled-4-2_zps87913e55.jpg
untitled-6-2_zpsc07444a2.jpg
untitled-8-2_zpsdd00a659.jpg
untitled-13-2_zps050b5e66.jpg

Best regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!

Hey guys and girls of modding!

I know it has been a long time between this and the last update. There is not that much to report on the modding itself other than I am waiting on the green light to take the case to a professional painter. Some more hardware will start trickling in over the next month or so, so we can hope to see the case painted in the next month, and some of the watercooling installed and cable routing started.

Now with that said, I would like to introduce EK Waterblocks as a sponsor to this build, who have given us their Clean CSQ Supremacy CPU block, even though their budget was fairly tight. So thank you Peter :) Now, as what has become a standard these days, here comes an unboxing of the CPU block from EKWB!

EKCPUblock1_zps159824a9.jpg

EKCPUblock2_zps63eec605.jpg

EKCPUblock3_zps431e3dcc.jpg

EKCPUblock4_zps5a36964d.jpg

EKCPUblock5_zps3cda5bdb.jpg

EKCPUblock6_zps79cdcf79.jpg

EKCPUblock7_zps65fae622.jpg

EKCPUblock8_zps9b101821.jpg

EKCPUblock9_zps607d304b.jpg

EKCPUblock10_zps3a8a8b9b.jpg

EKCPUblock11_zpsb600ef69.jpg

EKCPUblock12_zps2efd9cd0.jpg

EKCPUblock13_zpsde2b4476.jpg

EKCPUblock14_zps97400f4e.jpg

I really like the look of this block! It will fit perfectly with this project :)

Hope to see you in the next update!

Best regards,

Gold plating? Well seems you'll sacrifice a few degrees just for looks huh?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER