Desktop speakers, what should i get?

mads243

I am looking for speakers for my new desktop, i will mostly be using them for gaming, music and Skype, the only problem is that i kind of want portable speakers. I was looking at the Razer Ferox and i have some review for them and the problems with them are that there is no bass and that the high to low are not that good.

Does anybody have any suggestions for some speakers.

Note: I only have space for 2 speakers beside my monitor, no other addition, don't have space for all that, i want to have line in so i can plug in my cellphone to hear music from my phone if need be.

If your main use is gaming and your on a semi budget i would buy a good quality gaming headset and maybe a pair of cheap speakers, But if you play just for a laught the investing in a small set of speakers like the razers gives you a lot of all round flexability for a variety of tasks. As far a which one to pick it depends of your taste in music or type of gaming, how seriously you like audio and what type of sound you like. Personaly i like my sound cool and very sharp not warm.

But the best advise in terms of audio is try before you buy. If you are serious about good sound send me a message and i could advise furthur if you want to get away from onboard audio, thats where the quality makes leaps and bounds.

if you want good audio for music check out the Bowers and Wilkins MM-1. They are kinda portable and B&W makes incredible speakers!

If you can afford them and you have enough room to put the sub, I would suggest getting the Corsair SP2500. I got a set just after Xmas to replace my 7 year old Logitech Z5000's and I love them and they do have aux in port on the control module so you can plug your cell phone into them!

• 2 weeks later...

if you just want two small speakers that are high quality I would have a look at the Genelec 6010A. I was amazed by the small speakers! Never heard so small speakers make such a excellent sound. They are bit expensive but quality always is. check them out !

http://www.genelec.com/products/6010a/

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Harmon/Kardon SoundSticks 3 offer great sound quality, and it looks great too. However, it is on the more expensive side, along with the Bowers Wilkins mentioned above. If you are gaming, go for the Bose Companion 5s, those simulate surround whilst putting up great sound quality. If you are on a budget, go for Creative speakers, they generally have good reliability whilst delivering pretty decent sound quality for money.

In terms of mobility, all of the speakers I mentioned above are not really mobile except for the B&W speaker. Bose MusicMonitor is a computer speaker that delivers great sound quality for a very small speaker, capable for carrying abroad. Most importantly it is smaller than the B&W speakers and cheaper too.

I'm using Genelec 8020A. The sound is awesome!

The only downside is the price. 350 euros per one.

if you just want two small speakers that are high quality I would have a look at the Genelec 6010A. I was amazed by the small speakers! Never heard so small speakers make such a excellent sound. They are bit expensive but quality always is. check them out !

http://www.genelec.com/products/6010a/

They really sound awesome as they stand but I'd recommend getting one of their subwoofers to make the sound heftier and richer.