First Fallout 4 performance results

SteveGrabowski0

It's not that the draw call output is high, it's that DX11 has really low draw call throughput. I get 1.3m draw calls under DX11, 10m+ under DX12/Mantle.

Like I said in the last line even if it is a draw call problem that's no excuse at all.

DirectX12 has been out since July they had more then enough time to implement it and if your game exceeds the draw call limit of your API then it is broken and badly coded.(Frostbite 3 already has DX12 as does Unreal Engine 4.)

Also there is nothing that indicates a draw call issue the game is no where near many other modern games neither from scale, object count, animation, physics, AI, lighting, particles, or pretty much anything else in regards to rendering.

And the fact that the XboxOne also has performance problems to the point where the game freezes at times clearly indicates that it's the game and not an DX11 limitation.

You just have to look at the textures to see that there was no effort at all on the technical side of the game.

RTX2070OC 

30 fps between the 390 and 970 is a big difference.

Sure. But it's within 10 FPS in the real world. Heck, even the 380 is within 30 FPS of the 970.

Edit: Oh, and that video is useless. They didn't disable Vsync, so their results are meaningless.

Like I said in the last line even if it is a draw call problem that's no excuse at all.

DirectX12 has been out since July they had more then enough time to implement it and if your game exceeds the draw call limit of your API then it is broken and badly coded.(Frostbite 3 already has DX12 as does Unreal Engine 4.)

Also there is nothing that indicates a draw call issue the game is no where near many other modern games neither from scale, object count, animation, physics, AI, lighting, particles, or pretty much anything else in regards to rendering.

And the fact that the XboxOne also has performance problems to the point where the game freezes at times clearly indicates that it's the game and not an DX11 limitation.

You just have to look at the textures to see that there was no effort at all on the technical side of the game.

I never said Fallout 4 doesn't have issues, but the draw call issue is both developer's and API's fault. DX11 is really bad and outdated. Games cannot move forward in terms of IQ because they're going to be draw-call bottleneck. Pretty much all latest games are bottlenecked, especially open world games. Devs usually choose to proceed anyway due to consoles. DX12 is out, but it's a new API and no one has the experience with it. Even if they did, I don't think they would bother. PC port of this game is not really good. Lightning is actually top notch, and object count is really high and there's a lot of detail. But everything else is meh. Game is so inconsistent with graphics. A lot of textures look awful, facial animation are not that good, etc.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Sure. But it's within 10 FPS in the real world. Heck, even the 380 is within 30 FPS of the 970.

Edit: Oh, and that video is useless. They didn't disable Vsync, so their results are meaningless.

Right, Digital Foundry makes useless videos because you don't like what they found.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Right, Digital Foundry makes useless videos because you don't like what they found.

No, because their testing methodology is fundamentally flawed and cannot yield useful results. Freaking Vsync. It locks the framerate to the screen's refresh rate.

No, because their testing methodology is fundamentally flawed and cannot yield useful results. Freaking Vsync. It locks the framerate to the screen's refresh rate.

Yes, which is why the title was 1080p :lol: . Thank you for the laugh, needed it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Why should I not quote images. BTW I didn't know I was quoting an image.

Because you take up a load of space, it's fine if you quote one but you quoted the whole article.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide