Would this be a good audio solution for gaming?!

wait where is da mic coming from?

The 2 grills next to each of the Sound Blaster logo - those are mic ports.

The 2 grills next to each of the Sound Blaster logo - those are mic ports.

Yeah though the physical mic is there a mic built in from there?

Yeah though the physical mic is there a mic built in from there?

Yeah, so you have the option of using the one built into the casing of the Omni or plug in your own.  That's one advantage that gaming amps+DAC have over the ones marketed towards audiophiles - there's rarely a mic input on the audiophile versions.

How will I get 7.1 then if there is a way then I can replace the soundcard with a modmic also custom one pro vs ath ad900x closed

You won't get 7.1 unless you purchase a 7.1 home cinema setup. 7.1 in headphones is possible (razer tiamat) but it doesn't have the same effect. it sucks. I've tried a couple different software solutions, and I've tried the Razer Tiamat for a couple minutes. It all sucks. Use the headphone option in the games you play, that is all. 

I have no idea what you mean by "if there is a way then I can replace the soundcard with a modmic". Mod mic is a mic. That is all. http://www.modmic.com/

Those are very different headphones. Custom One Pro have the bass switch thing, you can choose which bass response you want, which is great. Overall sounds good, slightly elevated highs, but a very like-able sound. 

AD900X are open. The A900X is closed. I would suggest the A700X instead if it's at retail price. 199 for A700X, 299 for A900X. The A700X sounds very good, a very mid and high-centered sound, lots of detail. If it's close to the open AD700X, not a lot of bass. A closed headphone naturally has a narrower soundstage than an open headphone, but if the A700X is anything like its open brother, the AD700X, it has a nice wide soundstage. the 900X series is just a little better in every aspect. Maybe not value though. but the A700X is 130 usd on amazon, while a900x is 145 usd, so I think it'd be worth to get the a900x instead of the A700X at the moment. 

If I were you, I'd get the A900X over the Custom One Pro. I've tried the Custom One Pro and they were good, but not entirely my cup of coffee. But that's just me. If you want more bass, definitely Custom One Pro. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Yeah, so you have the option of using the one built into the casing of the Omni or plug in your own.  That's one advantage that gaming amps+DAC have over the ones marketed towards audiophiles - there's rarely a mic input on the audiophile versions.

"gaming amp+dac" would imply only audio output. you need an adc for mics. 

You won't get 7.1 unless you purchase a 7.1 home cinema setup. 7.1 in headphones is possible (razer tiamat) but it doesn't have the same effect. it sucks. I've tried a couple different software solutions, and I've tried the Razer Tiamat for a couple minutes. It all sucks. Use the headphone option in the games you play, that is all. 

I have no idea what you mean by "if there is a way then I can replace the soundcard with a modmic". Mod mic is a mic. That is all. http://www.modmic.com/

Those are very different headphones. Custom One Pro have the bass switch thing, you can choose which bass response you want, which is great. Overall sounds good, slightly elevated highs, but a very like-able sound. 

AD900X are open. The A900X is closed. I would suggest the A700X instead if it's at retail price. 199 for A700X, 299 for A900X. The A700X sounds very good, a very mid and high-centered sound, lots of detail. If it's close to the open AD700X, not a lot of bass. A closed headphone naturally has a narrower soundstage than an open headphone, but if the A700X is anything like its open brother, the AD700X, it has a nice wide soundstage. the 900X series is just a little better in every aspect. Maybe not value though. but the A700X is 130 usd on amazon, while a900x is 145 usd, so I think it'd be worth to get the a900x instead of the A700X at the moment. 

If I were you, I'd get the A900X over the Custom One Pro. I've tried the Custom One Pro and they were good, but not entirely my cup of coffee. But that's just me. If you want more bass, definitely Custom One Pro. 

I like boom in my gunshots and explosions. I wanna feel that. Will the g4me zero or elite prism have that

I like boom in my gunshots and explosions. I wanna feel that. Will the g4me zero or elite prism have that

Custom One Pro will have better bass than either of those. The Elite Prism sucks a lot. Sennheiser ones are good. 

Custom One Pro will have better bass than either of those. The Elite Prism sucks a lot. Sennheiser ones are good. 

I'm using these for gaming I heave Beats for music ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),

I'm using these for gaming I heave Beats for music ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),

I really hope all of that is a joke (not just the Beats part, I mean) and you'll actually use the Custom One Pro's for everything, because they are a great all round headphone. 

I really hope all of that is a joke (not just the Beats part, I mean) and you'll actually use the Custom One Pro's for everything, because they are a great all round headphone. 

I'm using these for music and gaming and yes I have beats Fite me

I'm using these for music and gaming and yes I have beats Fite me

No use in fighting. I am certain the Custom One Pro's are a LOT better than Beats. 

No use in fighting. I am certain the Custom One Pro's are a LOT better than Beats. 

Well duh but I mean the Steelseries would be fine because im using them for gaming

Well duh but I mean the Steelseries would be fine because im using them for gaming

The Steelseries ones would suck. the "gaming" term doesn't mean a single thing. 

It can't be the fact that it has a mic, cus that is "headset". headphones don't have mics. 99% of "gaming" headsets have bloated bass and muddy mids, and a slightly narrow soundstage.

A certain sound? No. I already said that 99% of them sound like ass. 

If something is to be good for gaming, you want: clean sound with a wide soundstage. that is all. And nothing is required for it either. Sure, there are games where you need a mic for things, but it doesn't have to be attached to your headphones (making it a headset). 

The Steelseries ones would suck. the "gaming" term doesn't mean a single thing. 

It can't be the fact that it has a mic, cus that is "headset". headphones don't have mics. 99% of "gaming" headsets have bloated bass and muddy mids, and a slightly narrow soundstage.

A certain sound? No. I already said that 99% of them sound like ass. 

If something is to be good for gaming, you want: clean sound with a wide soundstage. that is all. And nothing is required for it either. Sure, there are games where you need a mic for things, but it doesn't have to be attached to your headphones (making it a headset). 

Have you used it? Not 20-20khz 16 28khz better than the cloud for the same price c:

Have you used it? Not 20-20khz 16 28khz better than the cloud for the same price c:

Frequency range means fuck-all. Don't go trying to call a certain pair of headphones better than another, just because that is supposedly longer. It's bullshit.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I tried the Steelseries Siberia Elite (first elite that came out) and they suck. muddy mids and bloated bass, just as I said.

HyperX Clouds are a LOT better. I have tried those. Much more detailed, less bloated bass. The mic was meh though. 

Frequency response range means almost nothing, as long as it's reasonable. Average human hearing is 20-20khz. As long as the range isn't like.. 300 hz - 1 Khz, it doesn't mean ANYTHING. 

Frequency range means fuck-all. Don't go trying to call a certain pair of headphones better than another, just because that is supposedly longer. It's bullshit.

a wide soundstage

I mean ^

I mean ^

What on earth are you on about?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean ^

soundstage is not frequency range. 

Soundstage is how wide the sound feels. a wider soundstage means better positional / directional audio. Picture a recording of an orchestra. A wide soundstage (and detailed mids), will help you literally place where the instruments are in the room. 

EDIT: and it will tell you where the asshole shooting at you is. 

Edited by Lauen

@Lauren so thats why hardware cannucks gave the g633 a good review

Tech reviewers generally suck at reviewing audio, so I doubt that they are any good.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Tech reviewers generally suck at reviewing audio, so I doubt that they are any good.

XxDeadpool67xX: yeah, this. I once read a review of the Siberia Elite when they first came out, and they got so much praise. Then I started using better headphones for a year or two, then tried the Siberia Elite. It was such a meh experience. 

Some of them do jaystwocents,RandomfrankP,gamers nexus but hardware cannucks has used so many headphones and headset so if he gave it dam good it most mean something

Some of them do jaystwocents,RandomfrankP,gamers nexus but hardware cannucks has used so many headphones and headset so if he gave it dam good it most mean something

Jayztwocents does NOT do good audio reviews, and I've never heard of the other two. Hardware canucks does such bad audio reviews that I've stopped watching any of their videos.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Jayztwocents does NOT do good audio reviews, and I've never heard of the other two. Hardware canucks does such bad audio reviews that I've stopped watching any of their videos.

I meant it vice versa 

Anyways reckon I should just get the g4me one or zero not gonna be dumb and spend $200 on audio realized that them audio technicas and custom one pros plus mod mic is too much