pc wont boot.

NickyVida

Assembled a pc last night but it posts for a bit(case fans spinning) before powering down. Will attaching the front panel pins wrongly to the mobo short the mobo? Its a repaired mobo that had the same problem( not posting) before I sent it in for repair and its recurred. I reattached the front panel correctly but it still doesn't boot.the psu fan also doesnt seem to spin on the second try after reattaching it correctly

My system specs are i7 870 w msi p55a g55a mobo; gtx 670 gpu and a 520w psu by seasonic.

No, the only ones you can get wrong are the LED/Power buttons, only the LED is polarized and doesn't effect anything else in your system.

No, the only ones you can get wrong are the LED/Power buttons, only the LED is polarized and doesn't effect anything else in your system.

I borked up the placement of almost everything except fr the reset switch as it was my first time reassembling it. Did it effect the system mobo or was it already dead from the start before I assembled it o.o

I borked up the placement of almost everything except fr the reset switch as it was my first time reassembling it. Did it effect the system mobo or was it already dead from the start before I assembled it o.o

Those front panel lights/buttons cannot damage your motherboard, the problem is due to something else.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I would try a different PSU. Double check the cable connections then check them again. Unplug anything that is unnecessary to booting the pc.  

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Those front panel lights/buttons cannot damage your motherboard, the problem is due to something else.

You mean the psu or some thing? The gpu and ram is fine tested it on another system. I suspect its either the mobo or psu but I just bought the psu yesterday. O.o it couldnt have been dead on arrival?

I would try a different PSU. Double check the cable connections then check them again. Unplug anything that is unnecessary to booting the pc.

Will do. Is 520w enough for my system or did I need more? O.o

Will do. Is 520w enough for my system or did I need more? O.o

You should be fine as long as you dont put 15 fans in there.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

You should be fine as long as you dont put 15 fans in there.

I see.

If the psu fan doesnt spin and the led on the mobo wont light up despite the main plug on and psu on is the psu dead?

hi guys. just an update.

Missed out the standoffs while installing the motherboard

Installed the standoffs but one of my mobo caps looks slanted.. not burst or leaking any electrolytes.

Now the pc boots up fine but there's no display at all. The gpu fan is running though. :/

so you screwed it directly to the case with no stand offs?

Motherboard is now probably dead.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

so you screwed it directly to the case with no stand offs?

Motherboard is now probably dead.

yup. i read the instructions wrongly as screw the standoffs ontop of the mobo to the case.

It still has a standby mobo light on though :/ is it completely dead or is it just the capacitor gone?

Can i send it in for RMA again if possible?

possibly shorted and scrambled all the chips on the board.

Send it no harm in trying to get a new board out of them.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

maybe, can't be sure until tested in a new board.