Youtube videos load slowly when using IPV6

Mew

What the title says. I enabled IPV6 using my ISP's instructions in my router (RT-AC56R) and Youtube videos load super slow. If I disable IPV6 within Windows (IPV6 still enabled in the router), it loads at the normal speed. Is Google just derping around or is this a known issue with Asus routers; I think my old RT-N53 had the same issue with youtube and netflix. 

What the title says. I enabled IPV6 using my ISP's instructions in my router (RT-AC56R) and Youtube videos load super slow. If I disable IPV6 within Windows (IPV6 still enabled in the router), it loads at the normal speed. Is Google just derping around or is this a known issue with Asus routers; I think my old RT-N53 had the same issue with youtube and netflix. 

I think its a known issue with just IPv6 in general. My ISP sent out a email a few weeks ago bringing awareness to the IPv4 addresses "running out", but advised not to switch to IPv6 "for the time being". They said something about switching to IPv6 will experience slowness and/or unloadable webpages. Could just be my small ISP being plebs, but I think this is the reason why "we'(everybody) hasn't switched to IPv6 already(causes problems for a non problem... at the time).

I think its a known issue with just IPv6 in general. My ISP sent out a email a few weeks ago bringing awareness to the IPv4 addresses "running out", but advised not to switch to IPv6 "for the time being". They said something about switching to IPv6 will experience slowness and/or unloadable webpages. Could just be my small ISP being plebs, but I think this is the reason why "we'(everybody) hasn't switched to IPv6 already(causes problems for a non problem... at the time).

Well, that sucks. I guess IPV6 day a couple years ago was just a gimmick then. These corporations just don't want to change at all. 

When I enable ipv6 (asus router, time warner) my download and upload speed are both cut in half. Can't figure it out to save my life so I gave up.

how do you disable it in windows? I think im having the same issue over here in the UK. YouTube and various other sites load slowly but Steam and downloads remain uneffected. If thats the reason then my ISP automatically added it to the infrastructure meaning i have to turn it off within Windows.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

how do you disable it in windows? I think im having the same issue over here in the UK. YouTube and various other sites load slowly but Steam and downloads remain uneffected. If thats the reason then my ISP automatically added it to the infrastructure meaning i have to turn it off within Windows.

Network and Sharing Center>Change adapter settings>right click the adapter>properties>uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6.

3d3fe42f0c.png

Network and Sharing Center>Change adapter settings>right click the adapter>properties>uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Who is your ISP? I didn't think they'd started rolling out domestic ipv6 addresses over here yet?

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

Who is your ISP? I didn't think they'd started rolling out domestic ipv6 addresses over here yet?

Charter spectrum.

Virgin Media. They use DOCIS3 and that all i know about. But the connection to youtube is terrible at the moment.