Wake-On-Lan support needed!!!!

Xtreme Gamer

Im wanting to add a feature to m ycomputer called wake on lan. But there are somethings about it that I cannot find and others that potentially worry me. The MAC address it asks for idk where to find, The computer is a custom pc btw. And the worrying part about it is, idk if it can screw up my computer. Can you still turn on and shut it down and all that from the computer itself? I really need some much needed answers.

Thx guys!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

why double post?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

run ipconfig /all from a command prompt and you are looking for your hardware address, and no it wont screw up your PC. 

run ipconfig /all from a command prompt and you are looking for your hardware address, and no it wont screw up your PC. 

Will I still be able to turn on and turn off through the computer? Also, idk which is the MAC address at all when I type that in.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

post-13073-0-15972300-1376751436.png

You will still be able to turn it on and off other ways WOL only provides an additional method to turn on a computer on the network.

wol is just giving a remote command to turn on a computer and it cant harm your computer (correct me if im wrong) 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler