Microsoft scam XP

Appelzaadje

Hello ppl of the internet,

I have here a pc im repairing for someone who was foolish enough to buy into the microsoft phonecall scam.

The pc was given a syskey password by them and this has already been resolved / removed.

However since the hack the pc can no longer verify its been activated and prevents logon without activation however this isnt posible to do since its not properly conected to the internet and cant become conected. Is there a way to reset the windows activation timer without geting into windows or a way to get past this and then correctly activate it through network conection.

(phone system from Microsoft doesnt work either) 

Annyone anny clue as how to resolve this issue :P

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Reinstall Windows? Or boot up in safe mode with command prompt.

Hello ppl of the internet,

I have here a pc im repairing for someone who was foolish enough to buy into the microsoft phonecall scam.

The pc was given a syskey password by them and this has already been resolved / removed.

However since the hack the pc can no longer verify its been activated and prevents logon without activation however this isnt posible to do since its not properly conected to the internet and cant become conected. Is there a way to reset the windows activation timer without geting into windows or a way to get past this and then correctly activate it through network conection.

(phone system from Microsoft doesnt work either) 

Annyone anny clue as how to resolve this issue :P

all the ways I could give you are probably illegal so no.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

all the ways I could give you are probably illegal so no.

But I bet they'll almost 100% guaranteed work perfectly, eh? Haha.

If i remember correctly (been awhile since ive used xp)

Go into safe mode with command prompt (f8 when the pc starts up then select "safe mode with command prompt")

It boots, then type in explorer.exe 

Then type in run (windows key + r if you want to use shortcuts) : "Rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk" (without the " " ,and case sensitive so type it exactly like it is here) press enter , then reboot the pc and you should be able to log in now and the activation should be reset to 30 days and then you can activate it again.

If i remember correctly (been awhile since ive used xp)

Go into safe mode with command prompt (f8 when the pc starts up then select "safe mode with command prompt")

It boots, then type in explorer.exe 

Then type in run (windows key + r if you want to use shortcuts) : "Rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk" (without the " " ,and case sensitive so type it exactly like it is here) press enter , then reboot the pc and you should be able to log in now and the activation should be reset to 30 days and then you can activate it again.

i have tryed this but it doesnt want to go into safemode either without activation so i kinda got stuck here XD is there a way to do this with something like a regedit boot prog?

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Can you boot into safe mode with command prompt and then if you type explorer.exe it asks for activation? if you can just type Rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk in the command prompt .

Because i only remember regular safe mode and safe mode with networking showing the activation, the command prompt never loaded the activation.

All the solutions i know off require you to be in "safe mode with command prompt".

That is true i did get into safemode with Comand Prompt

I will give this a try after i try a repair with a XP ERD CD.

Thanks ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Well to be honest i'd do them a big favour and tell them to ditch XP as its old and no longer supported and VERY prone to viruses. 

But other than that there are ways but they aren't legal and only accessible on the naughty internet sites that aren't allowed to be linked to on here.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Well to be honest i'd do them a big favour and tell them to ditch XP as its old and no longer supported and VERY prone to viruses. 

But other than that there are ways but they aren't legal and only accessible on the naughty internet sites that aren't allowed to be linked to on here.

Lots of ppl dont dare to change OS and i've had lots of ppl that are completely lost in 7 or 8 when they get a new machine even as far as not even being able to go online annymore. (cause this is so difrent from XP in 7 or 8 "sarcasm")

But ive been able to revive the pc and fix the problem by doing a recovery to and earlyer point of the pc and after that i could get the pc activated by the phone system.

Thanks for the help and hints ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Lots of ppl dont dare to change OS and i've had lots of ppl that are completely lost in 7 or 8 when they get a new machine even as far as not even being able to go online annymore. (cause this is so difrent from XP in 7 or 8 "sarcasm")

But ive been able to revive the pc and fix the problem by doing a recovery to and earlyer point of the pc and after that i could get the pc activated by the phone system.

Thanks for the help and hints ;)

I don't understand how people don't understand 7. Its so simple. People don't bother to look, they just glance at it and say they don't know how to use it. I bet half of them haven't even sat down for more than 10 seconds before giving up. 

System Specs:

I don't understand how people don't understand 7. Its so simple. People don't bother to look, they just glance at it and say they don't know how to use it. I bet half of them haven't even sat down for more than 10 seconds before giving up. 

Yesterday i had a woman in the store who is completely lost on her mail since hotmail.com became outlook.com she made an new email acount on that "by accident" instead of getting a new password for her original one.

She was also to scared to fill in a lot of the stuff they asked her for a temp password so she refused to fill it in i couldnt convince her it was safe. 

Ow and she called Microsoft and sayd they had to change it back to hotmail.com cause she needed her mail and she would sue xD

Just one example of the ppl i meet here ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

It is an adjustment going from xp to vista/7 , especially for older people (60+)

Yesterday i had a woman in the store who is completely lost on her mail since hotmail.com became outlook.com she made an new email acount on that "by accident" instead of getting a new password for her original one.

She was also to scared to fill in a lot of the stuff they asked her for a temp password so she refused to fill it in i couldnt convince her it was safe. 

Ow and she called Microsoft and sayd they had to change it back to hotmail.com cause she needed her mail and she would sue xD

Just one example of the ppl i meet here ;)

Ah yes, the lovely people that seem to know everything better :p they are a nightmare, indeed

It is an adjustment going from xp to vista/7 , especially for older people (60+)

Totally not entirely true. My gran is 67 and she knew how to use Windows 7 straight away. She used Windows 95 before then. And she isn't particularly technology literate, she still has a LG flip phone from god knows when. 

System Specs:

Totally not entirely true. My gran is 67 and she knew how to use Windows 7 straight away. She used Windows 95 before then. And she isn't particularly technology literate, she still has a LG flip phone from god knows when. 

Not every older person of course , i used to maintain/repair a location with 12 pc's where all the elderly use the computers,when they went from xp to 7 ,a few had no issues with it all and found it better, and then most of them were confused on how to use certain things ,but of course with time they got used to it and loved it.

Not everyone picks it up instantly when changing something is what i'm trying to say :)

Have to say that this goes for all age grps since we started selling Win 8 laptops i have yet to get one person back that says its better or faster. They are all extremely confused and totaly lost in it.

Personaly i dont get that since everything usefull is in basicaly the same spot since Windows 95

But annyway there are those that are just idiots when it comes to technologie "like the one's that fill stuff like this into google"

Dear google it was a sunny lalala day and etc etc and now my pc doesnt turn on

xD

Or i live in a place whith more technologie illiterates then annywhere else :P

Appelzaadje - the Insane