Cooler Mater: Master Case 5 thoughts!?

Cheesecake_

Title says it all really.

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£99.56 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  (£581.06 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£87.61 @ CCL Computers) 

Thanks!

From someone who owns and has built in it, I can wholly recommend it. There are cheaper options, but the MasterCase 5 and Pro 5 (I've got the Pro) are excellent quality products.

One issue with the case is its lack of cable management options behind the motherboard tray, specifically for front fan cables. Other than that, it looks stunning (in my opinion) and keeps my components very cool.

My other issue is Cooler Master's commitment to producing more 'FreeForm' products for this case. One thing I'd really like to see is a high air flow skeleton plate that can be drilled through to the mount a reservoir for water cooling, eliminating the need to drill into your £110 case, and for a single mesh plate for the front rather than me having to look at the 5.25" pop outs which I am never going to use.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Snip!

Thanks for an actual review!

Just the info I needed great help,

Cheers!

Thanks for an actual review!

Just the info I needed great help,

Cheers!

If you want to see it with a build in it then PM me and I can show you, give you a general idea of layout. :)

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

If you want to see it with a build in it then PM me and I can show you, give you a general idea of layout. :)

Cool, yes please!

IMO ugly

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Title says it all really.

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£99.56 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  (£581.06 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£87.61 @ CCL Computers) 

Thanks!

-SNIP-

One issue with the case is its lack of cable management options behind the motherboard tray, specifically for front fan cables. Other than that, it looks stunning (in my opinion) and keeps my components very cool.

My other issue is Cooler Master's commitment to producing more 'FreeForm' products for this case. One thing I'd really like to see is a high air flow skeleton plate that can be drilled through to the mount a reservoir for water cooling, eliminating the need to drill into your £110 case, and for a single mesh plate for the front rather than me having to look at the 5.25" pop outs which I am never going to use.

I actually bought this case and everything is fantastic.. Worth every penny!!

Just one thing to watch out for is the clearance for Radiators especially at the top of the case.. There isn't really much.

other than what "TheCaptain53" mentioned.. Everything's awesome.. my advice.. if you're gonna get the mastercase 5, get the "PRO" as well :)

Ugly in my opinion, I like how they're going to support it with parts in the future but ugh it's so ugly atm.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I actually kinda like how it looks reminds me somewhat of a mid-late 90's concept super car in a way.

Glad it isn't just another "minimalist" black box.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I actually bought this case and everything is fantastic.. Worth every penny!!

Just one thing to watch out for is the clearance for Radiators especially at the top of the case.. There isn't really much.

other than what "TheCaptain53" mentioned.. Everything's awesome.. my advice.. if you're gonna get the mastercase 5, get the "PRO" as well :)

With the top radiator mount in the Pro, there should be adequate space for a rad.

I still think the front could fit a 360/420mm rad, even though CM say it only fits a 240/280. What do you think?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

With the top radiator mount in the Pro, there should be adequate space for a rad.

I still think the front could fit a 360/420mm rad, even though CM say it only fits a 240/280. What do you think?

Yes you can definitely fit a 360mm rad in there.. possibly a 420.. the whole inside "specs" said its 460mm.. I don't have anything to measure mine at the moment..

Just a quick note on placing a radiator on top.. you can do a 45mm Thickness Rad.. and it will just barely fit with the fans on(depending on your mobo).. anything more than 45mm Thickness Radiator is a BIG no no.. unless you want to place your rad on top in which case you would have to remove the cover and it'll look like sh*t.

Yes you can definitely fit a 360mm rad in there.. possibly a 420.. the whole inside "specs" said its 460mm.. I don't have anything to measure mine at the moment..

Just a quick note on placing a radiator on top.. you can do a 45mm Thickness Rad.. and it will just barely fit with the fans on(depending on your mobo).. anything more than 45mm Thickness Radiator is a BIG no no.. unless you want to place your rad on top in which case you would have to remove the cover and it'll look like sh*t.

When (and if) I build my custom loop I'll definitely be using a 420mm rad in the front, 280mm in the top with some Noctua fans.

I was considering a 140mm rad in the rear, but I'll think I'll reserve that as an exhaust fan as all of the fans on my rads will be intakes.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler