Needing New 1150 Mobo! (Needing help picking out contestors)

Ok, I'm looking to find a Decent Mobo between 170-270$ (110-180£) Im not going to do extreme overcloking.(about 4ghz.) I have a R4, and i want to do a silent build so im going to invest in noctua fans and a awesome and silent cpu cooler in about 2-3 months. (i used to have a Acer apsire x3990 with a sandy-brigde i5 and a gt 530. So i got myself a gtx 770, a 600w PSU and a Define R4, but kept the motherboard and ram and harddrive)

The parts im sticking with 

Gainward Gtx 770 2gb Phantom

8gb of unknown acer ram... (going to be replaced if i find a crazy sale for new ram.)

Seagate Baracuda 1TB (Mine might be special and is LOUD! going to be replaced in the next month)

New planned parts

Noctua Fans (Going to look more into them. IDK whats the best ones, don't remember which ones linus always talks about D: . )

Either a Dual Rad, or a silent heatsink (I want to see how hard/easy it is to fit a dual rad on the top fanmounts in the R4)

new Mobo. (help!)

New Storage-drives ( I want to run one ssd for OS and games i always plays/ programs i frequently use. Prefromance Drive to save games and programs. Then I want to run raid 0 for files/projects and recordings)

(The SSD and raid might be something in  the future and not in the next month)

I'm sorry if i misunderstand something i have only been heavily into pc and building them for a year or so.

If you guys want to help me or suggest something else for anythign else than my motherboard please go ahed ill take all help ;)

Q.Q

Noctua NF-F12 are Linus's beloved Fans.

I would suggest you going with something like a Asus Z87-K So.1150 or a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Maximus VI Formula

Oh man i wish i could xD Havn't seen that board so far in Norway D:

Q.Q

Literally the cheapest z87 mobo you can find will work unless you want sli.

If so, just the cheapest z87 mobo with sli will work. In terms of quality, you can't really go wrong with any of the z87 motherboards.

Don't waste your money on an overly expensive motherboard for no good reason.

You might want to consider getting a 7970 if you're mostly gaming. It's nearly neck to neck with the 770, has more vram, and is very likely significantly cheaper. Get the 770 instead if you require CUDA.

Do you already have your ram or are you buying.? If you're purchasing a new set, just gett the cheapest CL9 1600 memory. Brand does not affect performance.

As for the ssd, get one now. If you haven't used one before, you don't know what you're missing. It makes a world of difference. The hard drive is the slowest part in your system. When you replace that with something like an ssd, it becomes the most noticeable upgrade you can make.

Linus prefers NF-F12's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Literally the cheapest z87 mobo you can find will work unless you want sli.

If so, just the cheapest z87 mobo with sli will work. In terms of quality, you can't really go wrong with any of the z87 motherboards.

Don't waste your money on an overly expensive motherboard for no good reason.

You might want to consider getting a 7970 if you're mostly gaming. It's nearly neck to neck with the 770, has more vram, and is very likely significantly cheaper. Get the 770 instead if you require CUDA.

Do you already have your ram or are you buying.? If you're purchasing a new set, just gett the cheapest CL9 1600 memory. Brand does not affect performance.

As for the ssd, get one now. If you haven't used one before, you don't know what you're missing. It makes a world of difference. The hard drive is the slowest part in your system. When you replace that with something like an ssd, it becomes the most noticeable upgrade you can make.

Linus prefers NF-F12's. 

Im really happy with my 770 and i got it because it was on a awesome sale a few days after it was realesed and it was cheaper that all the 7970's in Norway. And yes im planning to do a 770 sli setup in the future insted of upgrading the the new generation when the card starts to suffer ;) I was looking at the MSI gaming GD45, but i wanted to see if anyone would say that something else would be better as stuff it comes with and features ;)

Q.Q

Ok, I'm looking to find a Decent Mobo between 170-270$ (110-180£) Im not going to do extreme overcloking.(about 4ghz.) I have a R4, and i want to do a silent build so im going to invest in noctua fans and a awesome and silent cpu cooler in about 2-3 months. (i used to have a Acer apsire x3990 with a sandy-brigde i5 and a gt 530. So i got myself a gtx 770, a 600w PSU and a Define R4, but kept the motherboard and ram and harddrive)

The parts im sticking with 

Gainward Gtx 770 2gb Phantom

8gb of unknown acer ram... (going to be replaced if i find a crazy sale for new ram.)

Seagate Baracuda 1TB (Mine might be special and is LOUD! going to be replaced in the next month)

New planned parts

Noctua Fans (Going to look more into them. IDK whats the best ones, don't remember which ones linus always talks about D: . )

Either a Dual Rad, or a silent heatsink (I want to see how hard/easy it is to fit a dual rad on the top fanmounts in the R4)

new Mobo. (help!)

New Storage-drives ( I want to run one ssd for OS and games i always plays/ programs i frequently use. Prefromance Drive to save games and programs. Then I want to run raid 0 for files/projects and recordings)

(The SSD and raid might be something in  the future and not in the next month)

I'm sorry if i misunderstand something i have only been heavily into pc and building them for a year or so.

If you guys want to help me or suggest something else for anythign else than my motherboard please go ahed ill take all help ;)

As JJ said in the stream, pretty much any Asus board will overclock to any gaming enthusiast level.  However you will need something like an Evo 212 to hit anything past stock.  I have an I7-4770K @ 4.2GHz with a Dark knight CPU Cooler (performs pretty bad) and only hit 81*C on prime 95, and 75*C on AIDA.  Probably mid-high 60's with an Evo 212.  Remember, since the VRM controller is integrated into the CPU die, overclocking within like 4.6GHz really won't matter much between boards.  Since voltage is far lower than Ivy and Sandy, the VRM can handle them fine.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Im really happy with my 770 and i got it because it was on a awesome sale a few days after it was realesed and it was cheaper that all the 7970's in Norway. And yes im planning to do a 770 sli setup in the future insted of upgrading the the new generation when the card starts to suffer ;) I was looking at the MSI gaming GD45, but i wanted to see if anyone would say that something else would be better as stuff it comes with and features ;)

I believe you mean the G45 Gaming.

Any of these motherboard will be fine for your usage: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#c=89&l=2&f=2&sort=a6

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.