Cheap budget camera with professional level features

I know it's expensive, but I am really going to save up my weekly allowance of $50 without spending any of it on anything else.  My parents and grandparents will also support me by each getting 6 different jobs.

I don't see why your parents should have to go out of their way for you to get this outrageous camera, on 50 a week just save up and get a low level camera then the money you MAY make from YouTube put towards an upgrade.Why waste 8,000 on a camera which probably wont make its money back. My Opinion

Stop bullshitting you retard, this post is a waste of space on this forum.

"Budget" for any normal person is $500/£350 > ...

4K for a amateur is stupid...

Go troll somewhere else you idiot.​

Someone get this post removed.

cheap? the cheapest i could think of but still give good quality is the Sony FDR-AX100

$1700 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FDR-AX100-Video-Camera-3-5-Inch/dp/B00HNJWVIA

it's much smaller than what the pro's use and still has many bells and whistles

My current options on the table are, as I mainly want great 1080p and 4K is only optional.

1. Sony HDR CX900 (this has 1080p 120fps)

2. Sony FDR AX33 (has 4K but no 120fps)

3. Sony FDR AX100 (has both)

4. Black Magic Ursa Mini 4K (I can afford this easily, I just have to wait and see availability, reviews and if I really want to invest it this)

5. Black Magic Micro Studio 4K

6. Find a Sony FS100 somewhere, either second hand or something as this is a discontinued product. (The FS700 is off the table)

And no DSLRs are being considered at all.  I already have the Nikon D4 and D800E that can record 1080p if I wanted to go the DSLR video route.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

from this list, i'd go with the CX900, the 1080p120 should be all you'll ever need. The bitrate for 1080p60 should be excellent (i think...) for upscaling to 4K in post since 4K is optional

but I'm not sure about the difference between the optics between the cx900 and the ax33, I know the AX100 has very minor improvements over the AX33 but I don't know much about the CX900.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

from this list, i'd go with the CX900, the 1080p120 should be all you'll ever need. The bitrate for 1080p60 should be excellent (i think...) for upscaling to 4K in post since 4K is optional

but I'm not sure about the difference between the optics between the cx900 and the ax33, I know the AX100 has very minor improvements over the AX33 but I don't know much about the CX900.

If I were considering budget I would immediately be buying a CX900.  However for my work I have other more important factors to consider than just budget.  I want to see how the Ursa Mini does after it becomes widely available before I make my decision.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

• 3 weeks later...

So I have finally made my decision for my budget video camera.

Black Magic Design Ursa Mini 4K, not the 4.6K.  Waiting for the distributor in Switzerland to get back to me with the quote for the list of items:

• Ursa Mini 4K
  • 2x 128GB CFast 2.0 cards
  • SDI to HDMI converter, for my SmallHD DP4 field monitor
  • Battery plate
  • 2x V mount batteries and charger
  • some mounting accessories for my NTG2 and Sennheiser lavs

Yeah the potential cost of the batteries and memory cards are the reasons why I didn't go for the 4.6K version.  If it used standard compact flash memory or came with an SSD adapter, I wouldn't hesitate to get the 4.6K.

Hopefully all of this will cost me less than CHF 5,000.00

• 2 weeks later...