Combine 2 Corsair USB Cables into One Header

Hey all, I wanted to get some advice/opinions on something...

I have a Corsair HX1000i power supply and an H100i GTX cooler that i'm working on getting installed. Each of them for their internal connections uses a full USB 2.0 header connection on the motherboard... I'm using an Asus x99 deluxe board so there are only two headers, one i'm using for the front panel ports of my R5 case, the other is open. 

But because each of the devices, the HX1000i and the H100i have plugs that take up the full header (but only use one USB port) i'm out of headers. 

So what i was going to do is just combine the cables into one so that both of the USB ports are used in the header.

Can anyone see any issue with that? Assuming I require everything correctly?

Thanks!

you should have no problem, and may be able to get a premade adapter for people in a situation like yours. if you don't want to do any wirig you will be able to get adapters that adapt the header into a regular usb connector and then get an adapter that goes from the motherboard header to a dual USB ports.

I have a Corsair HX1000i power supply and an H100i GTX cooler that i'm working on getting installed. Each of them for their internal connections uses a full USB 2.0 header connection on the motherboard... I'm using an Asus x99 deluxe board so there are only two headers, one i'm using for the front panel ports of my R5 case, the other is open. 

But because each of the devices, the HX1000i and the H100i have plugs that take up the full header (but only use one USB port) i'm out of headers. 

So what i was going to do is just combine the cables into one so that both of the USB ports are used in the header.

Thanks!

I know Corsair sells a Corsair Link module which will basically do that... however it does cost.

Here it is, the Commander Mini

Edited by DJfern94

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

Thanks!

why not get something like this 

10P-2x10P-S__39051_zoom.jpg

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

the connectors easily come apart, look up a shematic of USB headers, and DIY it.

I bought that splitter from frozencpu :( (begins to wheep)

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

the connectors easily come apart, look up a shematic of USB headers, and DIY it.

Yep. That's what I did. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue with it, so wanted to see if anyone else had tried. Now I just hope I re-wired it all correctly.

2e0d7ef05cb40d0d13b9de6c46e34097.jpg

Yep. That's what I did. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue with it, so wanted to see if anyone else had tried. Now I just hope I re-wired it all correctly.

-snip-

WRUSBY11_to_MB_Port.jpg

you sure did.

Now we see if I connected everything else up right. It's been 10+ years since I've built a computer... Stuff has changed. Hoping for no fires.

Thanks again for all of the help! :)