[UNCONFIRMED] Windows 10 Pro is here!

Here's hoping us mere mortals get it on Wednesday as promised.

I'm an insider but I own 8.1 Pro legit so I'd be mad to stick on the insider ring when I can wait a few days and get the gold release with no beta testing.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's been a well over a weeks that Windows Insiders got Windows 10 RTM (Build 10240).

This is what you have. You are enjoying the final version of Windows 10 before everyone else (well non-Insiders).

This is not news.

I am moving the thread to Operating System and Software forum section

Sorry and thanks...

Has anyone installed this and tried to play any games? I have this horrible microstutter every 3-4 seconds that I don't get with Windows 7. I have tried installing all sorts of different drivers, such as the Windows 8.1 drivers and still can't get rid of the stutter. Also, there seems to be a GPU driver update, 353.54, that isn't even on Nvidia's website that Windows keeps wanting to update to every time I try rolling back to an older driver, but this doesn't help either.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

I assume you have SLI setup? Nvidia SLI drivers aren't ready yet. Same for AMD.

As for Microsoft forcing drivers on you... get used to it.

This issue was raised under feedback, but people aren't voting up the issue, and now it is too late. funny things is that it does a full install of the drivers, so it includes Nvidia Update which is now redundant with Windows update, and include Nvidia 3D Vision, even if you don't have 3D vision stuff.

both can function without drivers. so IDK what problem is.

I just came from a thread where i guy asked why we still have PS/2 ports on motherboards. Perfect example

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This issue was raised under feedback, but people aren't voting up the issue, and now it is too late. funny things is that it does a full install of the drivers, so it includes Nvidia Update which is now redundant with Windows update, and include Nvidia 3D Vision, even if you don't have 3D vision stuff.

My only issue with this is that I lose keyboard and touchpad functionality when the Synaptics driver gets an update... (The screencap was from my low-end laptop which I bought in 2010)

No SLI, just a single 980 which makes the issue even more confusing. I'm glad I didn't wipe my Windows 7 install, at least I can go back to that and play games.

I can sort of understand Microsoft forcing updates for the OS but forcing driver updates for hardware is stupid, what happens if a driver is released that completely breaks something, we are stuck with it until a working driver is released. Unless you roll back and then disconnect from the internet, but that is not exactly practical.

My only issue with this is that I lose keyboard and touchpad functionality when the Synaptics driver gets an update... (The screencap was from my low-end laptop which I bought in 2010)

No SLI, just a single 980 which makes the issue even more confusing. I'm glad I didn't wipe my Windows 7 install, at least I can go back to that and play games.

I can sort of understand Microsoft forcing updates for the OS but forcing driver updates for hardware is stupid, what happens if a driver is released that completely breaks something, we are stuck with it until a working driver is released. Unless you roll back and then disconnect from the internet, but that is not exactly practical.

All I can say is post feedback on it, and/or vote for the ability to hide updates, and hope that Microsoft will change its mind.. at least for driver updates.

I just came from a thread where i guy asked why we still have PS/2 ports on motherboards. Perfect example

Yeah, I saw that thread and was thinking to myself. 

My problem right now it a perfect case. I had a PS/2 adapter around but I lost it :L

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So... I updated my tech preview to be greeted by a huge DL (not sure what size) with a lenghty install...

Lo and behold:

"le photo"

This is via Win10TP update... so Tech Preview users, please help me confirm this..

>Is here

>Unconfirmed

I am confused.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

>Is here

>Unconfirmed

I am confused.

I could be the only one who got it via some mistake with MS...

been using win 10 pro for a week with no problems at all.

on catalyst 15.7 r9 290

Unless its avaible to win7/8.1 users it doesnt matter yet.Have patience maybe?

I assume it's coming to us soon, for the past few days some miscellaneous microsoft programs have been maxing out my hard drive usage and eating away at my CPU. That can only mean that they're running the last few checks to begin that beefy 4GB download

If you where in the insiders tech preview you got Win 10 pro for free!

They get their updates extra early (Basically they're the testing playground/quality control for MS updates before they get to us).

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.