Need new Headphones/Headset and amp/dac

DanKepke

Hello LTT frends

I wanted to replace my g930, which died a few weeks ago with some nice cans and if needed/recommended an amp/dac.

Since I am from Switzerland it would be nice if you guys could recommend my something from Digitec.ch.

My budget is 450chf (480usd).

I read a lot of recommendation for the mmx300 + astro MixAmp Pro and the Sennheiser PC 363d, are those the money worth?

For my system:

a p370em from clevo

Sound:

Realtek ALC892 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller

1 x Headphone, 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x Line-in ja, 1 x Microfone

I want to use them for everything from gaming to movies and I need a mic on them.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Fidelio x2, fiio e10K

How many times have you given this same answer?  :lol:

Why would he change it if it's a very good answer for the stated budget? :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thanks for the answer. It's to expensive because I would ned more budget for a mic which I sadly don't have :<

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Because the Fidelio X2's are actually that good. Its arguably in the same league as the HD600/650, plus its somewhat easy to drive. You can still get the really good audio quality when plugged into a smartphone. Plug it to a DAC and/or amp... good luck trying to take it off your head.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Actually, I'd recommend HE-400s over fidelio X2

For close mrspeakers mad dogs+mod mic+fiio e10k( mad dogs on end of life sale get them while you can!!!!)

For open sennheiser hd600+mod mic.

I can get the hd600, a modmic v4 and the e10k for 450chf. I'm not in a hurry to decide, so if you guys have more ideas just throw them in here.

Something I forgot to mention: I have dumbo ears!

Edit:

I may do 530chf as budget!

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Actually, I'd recommend HE-400s over fidelio X2

Once those cans are out, I think I won't remember the existence of the X2.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Once those cans are out, I think I won't remember the existence of the X2.

It's out.

So it's now:

- Fidelio X2 380chf

- Fiio e10k 100chf

- modmic 80chf

?

I hope the fiio dosn't pull to mutch power through the USB, because my notebook PSU is on limit when gaming thanks to i7 xtreme and sli. Could I connect the e10k to a external USB power source like a smartphone charger and get the sound through coaxial? I have trust issues when it comes to ext powered usb hubs to pump power in to the dac.

I also saw the hd650 for the same price as the X2, maybe they are better.?

I have time for more tips and suggestions!

Edit:

Should have said that I want stay at home cans with high comfort. I have enough on the go headphones.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

It's out.

Whats the X2 again?

So it's now:

- Fidelio X2 380chf

- Fiio e10k 100chf

- modmic 80chf

?

I hope the fiio dosn't pull to mutch power through the USB, because my notebook PSU is on limit when gaming thanks to i7 xtreme and sli. Could I connect the e10k to a external USB power source like a smartphone charger and get the sound through coaxial? I have trust issues when it comes to ext powered usb hubs to pump power in to the dac.

I also saw the hd650 for the same price as the X2, maybe they are better.?

I have time for more tips and suggestions!

Edit:

Should have said that I want stay at home cans with high comfort. I have enough on the go headphones.

the fiio e10k has its own power adapter that plugs into the wall. I doubt it draws much if any power over USB. I've never tried the x2, but I have owned the hd650. The 650s are pretty good, but a lot of people have trouble with the clamping pressure, which is why I would recommend the x2 (I knew the clamping pressure would be fine for me, since my head isn't sensitive to that, but some people find it very bothersome.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Then I would prefer the X2. Don't like to much clamping. The e10k sold by my retailer is the fiio Olympus e10k which only has a usb cable, no power :I the he400s is way to expensive for me with nearly 750chf...

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Then I would prefer the X2. Don't like to much clamping. The e10k sold by my retailer is the fiio Olympus e10k which only has a usb cable, no power :I the he400s is way to expensive for me with nearly 750chf...

huh, I guess I was mistaken about it then... Well, you could look at that smsl amp/dac(?) that @SSL likes to recommend so much.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

If you guys could recommend something on this price comparison site, I would be happy!

http://en.toppreise.ch/index.php

Can't fine a amp/dac from smsl anywhere :I

I don't know how to find anything useful on that site.

Search results are displayed in match, related or similar in name. It's a annoying site but it's the only good comparison site for Switzerland...

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Guy's, I forgot to ask something important. Those Fidelio x2 are open back. Can I enjoy them fully if my mobile AC cools my butt?

It's a bit loud and I don't want to spoil good headphones with background noise.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Guy's, I forgot to ask something important. Those Fidelio x2 are open back. Can I enjoy them fully if my mobile AC cools my butt?

It's a bit loud and I don't want to spoil good headphones with background noise.

I use open headphones with a very cheap and very noisy window A/C unit without much issue. As long as the breeze isn't blowing into the headphones themselves you should be mostly good. Yes, during quieter movies/songs the A/C can be a slight annoyance,. Overall I've been more happy with open headphones than closed during general use, and I think most audiopeels here agree.

My Acc is positioned behind my back (1meter~) and my Notebook on my front right.

My clevo can get 55dbs loud thanks to the i7 3920XM and the AC is in the same boat.

If I purchase now the x2 I may not have the money for other cans for good 2 years... I understand that open back is the best, but if a pair of 10usd usb speakers straped to my head has the same quality as a audiophile 400usd HP thanks to incompatible environment... I'd rather go fill my belly with goods.

I hope you understand what I mean. I'm just a simply shift worker who can call the g930 Headset his best audio experience.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

My Acc is positioned behind my back (1meter~) and my Notebook on my front right.

My clevo can get 55dbs loud thanks to the i7 3920XM and the AC is in the same boat.

If I purchase now the x2 I may not have the money for other cans for good 2 years... I understand that open back is the best, but if a pair of 10usd usb speakers straped to my head has the same quality as a audiophile 400usd HP thanks to incompatible environment... I'd rather go fill my belly with goods.

I hope you understand what I mean. I'm just a simply shift worker who can call the g930 Headset his best audio experience.

You could look into the MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (although, you'd have to find some for a good price, and used) the mad dogs would also be good. Both of those headphones have closed backs, but they are designed to sound very close to open backs as far as sound stage, but their isolation is excellent. Definitely worth a look at the very least. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Ich searched for the mad dogs yesterday a day couldn't find anything related to Mr. speakers in Switzerland :(

How well would a t70p+e10k work? It's currently on sale for 350 bucks(500 before).

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ