32gb ram good for Video game development

Is 32gb of ram good for game development cause currently I have 8 and the lag in UE4 is unreal (Pun Intended)

So is 16 good or is 32 better

32 gb is most likely more than enough, I'm sure 16gb would be fine in most situations too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I agree 16GB is probably fine but depends the amount of stress you put on your build.

Unless you are also creating all of the 3d models 16gb will be more than enough...

I loosely remember reading about 3d modelling... 16GB is enough for 2-3 billion polygons, more than that might get slow... please correct me as I am probably not correct (or 100% correct).

OK thanks guys I will get 16gb ram as 8 is the bottleneck currently this is why I love LTT

Put the additional money into SSD or better GPU before worrying about +16GB RAM.

That said my opinion (I'm a CAD guy) is that the more the merrier haha

Put the additional money into SSD or better GPU before worrying about +16GB RAM.

That said my opinion (I'm a CAD guy) is that the more the merrier haha

The rig I am planing on getting has a 500gb ssd from Samsung 850evo and a wd blue 1t