! HELP !

ZenoEdits
Go to solution Solved by ZenoEdits,

well i guess thats it solved. Long story shot , dont cheap out on a psu and if it seems to good to be true it probably is thanks all you guys i appreciate the fast responses 

im running :

Nvidia GTX 970

16 RAM

2 HDD

1 SSD

AMD FX 8350 8 CORE

500W PSU

WINDOWS 7 

and for some reason whenever i run a game , benchmark , or evan my editing software my pc just shuts down and i have to turn the switch on the psu off and on to then power me pc back on and i dont know why.

any help is appreciated.

What are your temperatures? Please be specific with your power supply.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What are your temperatures? Please be specific with your power supply.

idel temps are :

CPU : 14 - 17 digrees

GPU : 41 - 43 digrees

i cant find the heavy load temps cause my pc just shuts down before i can check

my psu isnt the best by any standard but its all i have for the next 2 weeks :

PSU : http://www.amazon.co.uk/STORM-SILENT-POWER-SUPPLY-MOLEX/dp/B00EALDJ3U

idel temps are :

CPU : 14 - 17 digrees

GPU : 41 - 43 digrees

i cant find the heavy load temps cause my pc just shuts down before i can check

my psu isnt the best by any standard but its all i have for the next 2 weeks :

PSU : http://www.amazon.co.uk/STORM-SILENT-POWER-SUPPLY-MOLEX/dp/B00EALDJ3U

Your CPU is not likely running at that temperature. I think your power supply is shutting itself down.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

When you do nothing, will it shuts off?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

heres the weird thing i can browse the internet , skype and play minecraft for hours without issus but asoon as its something intensive its shuts down

heres the weird thing i can browse the internet , skype and play minecraft for hours without issus but asoon as its something intensive its shuts down

Try stress testing your PC, see what goes wrong.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Try stress testing your PC, see what goes wrong.

i havent a clue what that means xD

Your CPU is not likely running at that temperature. I think your power supply is shutting itself down.

ik it sounds low for a cpu but i have a coolermaster 212 hydro cooler with 2 corsair af120 fans strapped to it and 3 case fans 

what i did was i powered up with my psu and powered my gpu with a differant psu and it worked fine , was able to benchmark and play games and now i cant evan do that

what i did was i powered up with my psu and powered my gpu with a differant psu and it worked fine , was able to benchmark and play games and now i cant evan do that

Sketchy power supply. Replace it imidiately. A cheap and good one is this http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-500B-BRONZE-Power-Supply/dp/B00DZ6R9GE/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431427919&sr=1-2&keywords=evga+500w

i was looking at http://www.cclonline.com/product/143877/AI-700W/Power-Supplies/Aerocool-Integrator-700W-PSU/PSU0676/because i thought my psu wattage was too low but now i know its not ill more then likely buy the one u posted.

Try using a power supply from a reliable brand

eg Corsair, seasonic , NZXT , etc 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Try using a power supply from a reliable brand

eg Corsair, seasonic , NZXT , etc 

i was going to get the evga the other guy posted . i just want to see if we can get my pc stable to do my editing on for 2 weeks till i get paid and can buy one

i havent a clue what that means xD

Pushing your parts, putting everything in 100% load.

But I think it's the PSU as well, like the others have said.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

yh so is it safe to use my pc and just boot it back up every time or shall i just leave it off for now untill i get my psu ?

yh so is it safe to use my pc and just boot it back up every time or shall i just leave it off for now untill i get my psu ?

Just watch this then 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

i was looking at http://www.cclonline.com/product/143877/AI-700W/Power-Supplies/Aerocool-Integrator-700W-PSU/PSU0676/because i thought my psu wattage was too low but now i know its not ill more then likely buy the one u posted.

You should never cheap out on your power supply, its basically the heart of your PC.

You should never cheap out on your power supply, its basically the heart of your PC.

i never paid for it i got it for free of a mate , but ima just unplug my psu and call it a day for a few weeks untill i get a new psu , cant afford all new hardware cause the psu has broke them xD

well i guess thats it solved. Long story shot , dont cheap out on a psu and if it seems to good to be true it probably is thanks all you guys i appreciate the fast responses