my new pc build is it ok?

Go to solution Solved by Guest Strangerbob,

There - i perfected the build with an SSD instead of that hdd, and a better looking and cheaper case that comes with fans.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pZ3WdC

You might want to add the cheapst 1tb hdd, if you need storage for movies and stuff.

I personally have a pretty decent internet connection and dont keep piles of stuff on my pc or dont have installed games that i dont play, so i never needed anything more than a 256gig ssd. Having a hard time filling that actually.

I'd say go for a WD Black instead of a Barracuda and an SSD would dramatically speed up everything if your OS is on it. And you can go for Low Profile RAM probably HyperX in White color would look good, in case you go for a huge air cooler. I use HyperX and it's pretty good.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

do you plan to overclock?

if not - get the cheapest 1150 mobo and the cheapest haswell i5 - anything else is an absolute waste of money

even if yes - the i7 is 100% worthless for gaming - the i5 unlocked version will give you EXACTLY THE SAME GAME PERFORMANCE

hyperthreading is supported by 5% of work programs out there; thats it

Oh, and getting the best video card to then barely be able to see the game on a small disgusting TN screen (those 144hz are worthless if the screen is shit)... makes me want to not give any advice to you at all.

this is my first bulid and it's for gaming

what is it for?

what is it for?

for growing plants in

do you plan to overclock?

if not - get the cheapest 1150 mobo and the cheapest haswell i5 - anything else is an absolute waste of money

even if yes - the i7 is 100% worthless for gaming - the i5 unlocked version will give you EXACTLY THE SAME GAME PERFORMANCE

hyperthreading is supported by 5% of work programs out there; thats it

no. can you do those changes and give me a link

If you can get ASUS Z97 AR, is is exactly the same as A minus DVI port and it is silver not gold and costs a bit less. If it is for gaming get i5-4690K instead. Also get CPU cooler the stock one is useless, CM212 is great if you are on budget but if you get i5 you can use saved money to get AiO watercooler. SSD would be nice too but you can add it later. Wim 10 release will be nice time to upgrade since you will have to reinstall anyway ;)

Do you plan to SLI?

Do you plan to SLI?

maybe after 1-2 years

maybe after 1-2 years

If you plan to SLI get ASUS Z97A or AR, I also recommend 750W PSU.

And you might as well get "K" CPU if the price isn't too much higher than non K.

If you plan to SLI get ASUS Z97A or AR, I also recommend 750W PSU.

And you might as well get "K" CPU if the price isn't too much higher than non K.

ok but for the monitor is it ok because strangerbob said that it's bad and like not worth it

Here you go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GvCCcf

Costs 200$ less than what you wanted to build. But will have the same exact gaming performance and an actually reliable and silent system.

Not to mention LIGHTYEARS better gaming enjoyment from that working freesync loop on that 75hz IPS 21:9 monitor (yes that one IS a 75hz IPS, not a 60hz one).

You can take this advice and become so addicted to gaming that you will lose your life.

Or you can waste money for no reason and never really enjoy anything on a shit monitor. Only thing you will enjoy on your 1st monitor choice is the endless struggle between tearing and vsync lag... oh and that 16:9 claustrophobia.

(edit: i changed the 290 to the cheapest 290x with an aftermarket cooler, it was just 20$ more)

Here you go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dkm2Lk

Costs 200$ less than what you wanted to build. But will have the same exact gaming performance and an actually reliable and silent system.

Not to mention LIGHTYEARS better gaming enjoyment from that working freesync loop on that 75hz IPS 21:9 monitor.

You can take this advice and become so addicted to gaming that you will lose your life.

Or you can waste money for no reason and never really enjoy anything on a shit monitor. Only thing you will enjoy on your 1st monitor choice is the endless struggle between tearing and vsync lag... oh and that sweet 16:9 claustrophobia.

yeah its good monitor but like the response time is 5 ms well it be good for csgo and other fps game

yeah its good monitor but like the response time is 5 ms well it be good for csgo and other fps game

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Look at the first topic in this thread. 

TLDR: the advertised response times are pure bullshit. Just like contrast ratios are pure bullshit.

In fact ALL LCD`s have around 10ms PIXEL response time, nothing anyone can do about it.

However these "response times" have to do with LCD ghosting, and NOT lag.

The LAG you are concerned with has to do with "input lag" and any gsync/freesync monitors will have the lowest possible input lag they can have under that mode. But this is rarely advertised.

If you just want to remember a simple rule: gsync/freesync is what is important for competitive gaming / or enjoying any games at all, and anything better than 60hz is marvelous. Luckily this monitor is a 75hz IPS.

Plus you will be able to put up a global FPS cap of 74 and you will have BETTER/lower input lag than you would have had on your 144hz, NON gsync/freesync monitor. I wont go into why that works like that, too much text to write.

There - i perfected the build with an SSD instead of that hdd, and a better looking and cheaper case that comes with fans.

You might want to add the cheapst 1tb hdd, if you need storage for movies and stuff.

I personally have a pretty decent internet connection and dont keep piles of stuff on my pc or dont have installed games that i dont play, so i never needed anything more than a 256gig ssd. Having a hard time filling that actually.

thanks so much for helping me i changed the cpu and the motherboard please have a look and give me your opinion and in the monitor specifiactions they said that its 60hz and you say it's 75hz and it's better with r9 290x as the first link you send or with the r9 290

Hi guys this is my new pc build that i'm looking for and i would like to know if there is something better that i can add or change

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QtrpnQ

Is this purely for gaming on ? What is your budget ?

thanks so much for helping me i changed the cpu and the motherboard please have a look and give me your opinion and in the monitor specifiactions they said that its 60hz and you say it's 75hz and it's better with r9 290x as the first link you send or with the r9 290

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rBPYBm

There, now i cant think of anything else to improve here. Changed the cpu cooler to one with a slightly bigger fan - therefore quieter. And the ram to a 5$ more expensive one... so its not bright yellow.

And, ye changed the video card to the gigabyte 290x... that gigabyte cooler is the best one of fan aftermarket coolers.

The monitor is a 75hz one. Its a common thing for many stores to label it as 60hz....cuz, they dont pay enough attention .

You can pay 20-30$ more and make it so that everything, except the monitor will be from newegg, if you want.

Either way its still 100$ cheaper than your first build you posted here and the gaming enjoyment you`ll get from a wide freesync IPS screen will be lightyears better.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qYyQnQ

There, now i cant think of anything else to improve here. Changed the cpu cooler to one with a slightly bigger fan - therefore quieter. And the ram to a 5$ more expensive one... so its not bright yellow.

And, ye changed the video card to the gigabyte 290x... that gigabyte cooler is the best one of fan aftermarket coolers.

The monitor is a 75hz one. Its a common thing for many stores to label it as 60hz....cuz, they dont pay enough attention .

You can pay 20-30$ more and make it so that everything, except the monitor will be from newegg, if you want.

Either way its still 100$ cheaper than your first build you posted here and the gaming enjoyment you`ll get from a wide freesync IPS screen will be lightyears better.

You are a bit light on storage. Also the op said He wants to add a 2nd card after 1-2 years. That board doesn't support CF/SLI. You would also be better with a semi modular psu as that case looks pretty cramped on cable management.

You are a bit light on storage. Also the op said He wants to add a 2nd card after 1-2 years. That board doesn't support CF/SLI. You would also be better with a semi modular psu as that case looks pretty cramped on cable management.

Ok, i changed the psu already to a fully modular gold one.

We talked about storage already.

And "in 1-2 years" hes better off with selling that 290x and getting a 490x or something, which will be faster and more solid than two 290x`s would be.

I agree on the PSU.

But "in 1-2 years" hes better off with selling that 290x and getting a 490x or something, which will be faster and more solid than two 290x`s would be.

I guess it depends on what the op wants to do. I hope the upcoming AMD cards are as good as they look on paper as Nvidia need some healthy competition. 

Ok, i changed the psu already to a fully modular gold one.

We talked about storage already.

And "in 1-2 years" hes better off with selling that 290x and getting a 490x or something, which will be faster and more solid than two 290x`s would be.

Thanks agin but i think that if i changed the cpu to i5 4690k it well be better investment for the change after 1-2 years later