-Completed- Wife's new Goat Simulator PC

raultherabbit

Hi LTT folks.

After a lot of time and waiting on deals, I was able to put together my wife's new PC.  What started as a random gift that caught her eye (The H440 Razer case), evolved over Christmas and the months later until last week when I purchased the last component for her PC and got it all built and set up.

The Parts:

Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition

CPU: Intel I5-4690K stock speed for now, OC when a better cooling setup is bought and installed

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 rev 2.0

Memory: Corsair LP DDR3 8GB 1600mhz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 Winforce 2.0 2GB (leftover from my PC when I upgraded to 970)

HD: Samsung 850EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

PS: EVGA 500B

I actually wanted to do more.  I planned on adding an NZXT Kraken x61 or x41 for CPU cooling but that is on hold because I lost my job last week.  Ah well.  At least I got this all bought before that!

The pictures (Sorry, phone camera only, so forgive the terrible images):

post-106354-0-62791000-1429484151_thumb.

post-106354-0-54489500-1429484152_thumb.

post-106354-0-10515200-1429484154_thumb.

post-106354-0-89534300-1429484155_thumb.

post-106354-0-55243800-1429484156_thumb.

Thanks for checking it out!

pretty high-end for just playing Goat Sim..

ikr

It's a joke from a previous topic I made on upgrading her old PC from a gtx 460 to gtx 560 ti.  

She actually uses her computer for her school work, graphics arts and editing, and other games.

Besides, the wife deserves a good PC.  She's always gotten my hand me downs when I upgraded, but with her old Dell crapping out, the necessity of building a new PC became more important for her.

8k goat sim max settings duhhhhh

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Love the LED effect underneath the PC

It's awesome.  There's more to it actually, the H440 has a backlight for the I/O that's green for the Razer case, as well as the logo that's inside the case on the CPU cover.  Lots of neat green glowy stuff.

why did you blank out things on the CPU?

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

It's awesome.  There's more to it actually, the H440 has a backlight for the I/O that's green for the Razer case, as well as the logo that's inside the case on the CPU cover.  Lots of neat green glowy stuff.

I actually had a s340, and I ran 2 strips of RGB 5050 leds. Remote controllable(also, cell phone controllable) of literally any color inside of my case. was pretty awesome.  

why did you blank out things on the CPU?

Serial number on the cpu. It probably doesn't matter but whatevs. I've seen some folks blank at and some folks not.

I actually had a s340, and I ran 2 strips of RGB 5050 leds. Remote controllable(also, cell phone controllable) of literally any color inside of my case. was pretty awesome.  

I am probably going to re-home my own PC into an s340, and that is an awesome idea to try.  I want my next PC to be a black/blue build and they have a black s340 with blue highlights out now. 

I am probably going to re-home my own PC into an s340, and that is an awesome idea to try.  I want my next PC to be a black/blue build and they have a black s340 with blue highlights out now. 

the whole lighting set up cost me sub 20$, and let me change the color and even turn it off. my old old pc had 8 blue led fans, was crazy and could see the light from the hallway. so that was a bit overkill. But with the new lighting set up, you can turn it off when you dont want it. really nice feature. 

be sure to share that pc also, sounds like it would be sweet