water flow help

I just built my first water cool setup using a XSPC AX360 kit. Using a tube reservoir + d5 pump attached to it. So i I have the set up as reservoir/pump > cpu > radiator > reservoir. The thing is the water doesn't seem to be flowing. I have the reservoir filled up and it seems as though there is water in the radiator and the in the tubes. There are huge air gaps within some of the tubing though. I've tried tilting it around but no luck. The pump seems to be running since its making a loud noise. It's a d5 pump at the knob is set to 5. Do I just let it sit there with the power off? Or drain it and check if there's any blockage? I'm completely lost and frustrated. Thanks.

Is your pump getting fluid from the resevoir?

You should notbe running the pump dry...it will get damaged

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

did you leave a port at the top of the res. open for the air to escape?  If not, it will take a very long time to bleed the air out.  Please attach some pics so we can see your loop - and please indicate water flow direction.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

How do I add picture? Okay so I have an nzxt h440 case. I've attached the pump/reservoir to where the HDD go, and the 360 rad in the front with the ports on the bottom. The water should go from res/pump on the outlet to the inlet of my block. The outlet of block to one of the ports on the radiator, then the from the other port back into the res/pump inlet. Is that correct? If not please correct me.

Edit : I'll try the letting air out through the top fill port, but do I leave the pump on while i do it or with the pump off. It seems like earlier leaving the system off for about 30min did help the flow start but had a leak from the reservoir from not being closed tightly. I refilled it again now, I'll try leaving the fill port open to let the air out. But powered on or off?

Leaving the ports on the bottom will make it impossible to get the trapped air out of the top of the rad (air gets trapped on the top).  You should see if you can flip the rad so the ports are on top and the air can escape.  Some radiators have a port on the other end-tank so that bleeding the air is a lot easier (ex. alphacool).  Water should flow from res -> pump -> block/rad -> back to res.

leave the port on top open with the pump on so the air can escape while the pump is moving the coolant through the system.  Please attach a pic.  You can use the image icon to add a link to your pic.  I would use something like flickr to host your images.  I will need to see what your loop looks like.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131453251@N03/? okay so here are the photos. And sadly ive run out of tubes to even try to flip the rad upside down to have the ports at the top. Is it still possible to run the loop with the port on the bottom? I currently have the pump running with the fill port open to try and get some air out. 

thanks for the pics.  I think you might have an air lock in your radiator.  From experience, I think the best thing is to setup the rad with the ports on the top.  I also have the D5 vario and I have mine set 3.  What are the temps of your computer?

I don't know that case very well but can you mount the radiator on the roof of the case?  It should allow you to keep the same length of tubing.

Well I just tried putting the rad in the front with the ports facing up. Even when I did that (res/pump in the same place) when I turn the pump on, water doesn't move. I seriously doubt putting the rad in the top is going to make a difference since the water from the res/pump isn't being pushed into the cpu block in the first place.

I had a similar problem when filling my first loop and using 1/2 inner diameter tubes due to air locked in the system. Have you tried pulsing the pump on and off repeatedly? It took me a really long time but each time I pulsed the pump a little more air was pushed out of the system. Also trying slower speeds on your pump might actually help things, at least it did for me after I attached a fan controller to my pump.

How do I add picture? Okay so I have an nzxt h440 case. I've attached the pump/reservoir to where the HDD go, and the 360 rad in the front with the ports on the bottom. The water should go from res/pump on the outlet to the inlet of my block. The outlet of block to one of the ports on the radiator, then the from the other port back into the res/pump inlet. Is that correct? If not please correct me.

Edit : I'll try the letting air out through the top fill port, but do I leave the pump on while i do it or with the pump off. It seems like earlier leaving the system off for about 30min did help the flow start but had a leak from the reservoir from not being closed tightly. I refilled it again now, I'll try leaving the fill port open to let the air out. But powered on or off?

Turn your rad around. I also have an H440, I can send you some pics if you'd like to see how I have mine. And we can try and troubleshoot from there.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

ok.  I think you might have to dismantle your loop and check everything once over.  Make sure your ports are not plugged and at this point I would test it out of your case.  If you can confirm that the pump is doing its job outside of the loop then the problem is more thank likely an air lock situation.  Make sure that the fill port at the top of the res is open when you are trying to bleed the air out.  have you checked the polarity on the pump?  Likely not a problem but just in case.  These pumps are built to push water, not suck it in.