Man Forced to Sell His New House Because Comcast Lied to Him

themodernagenb

Calm down little boy. No need to get mad over nothing. 

You sure got salty

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Ive seen situations like this before where a company doesn't have their network built up a certain road and won't because there isn't enough houses. How about you build your network, and then people may actually want to build their house on that road and pay for your service!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Title of the article is a bit sensationalist.

Really, the title should read something like "Man is thinking of selling his new house because no one can provide him with internet access."

A rep, be it as a result of an incorrect service map or other clerical error, told him Comcast could provide internet to the house and it took too many visits before someone figured out he was out of their service range but it doesn't sound like Comcast deliberately lied to him or did anything malicious.

If the man is some how disabled and traveling to a place with internet access is difficult, or his job requires him to be on call 24/7 then I can see how saying he is "forced" to sell the house would be accurate but (unless I glossed over it) the article doesn't go into his exact situation well enough from what I read.

Ive seen situations like this before where a company doesn't have their network built up a certain road and won't because there isn't enough houses. How about you build your network, and then people may actually want to build their house on that road and pay for your service!

The cost equation does not work out because of how much it costs them. Many do realize that people will build there if they can get internet. Source: friend's father who works for Bell. 

Title of the article is a bit sensationalist.

Really, the title should read something like "Man is thinking of selling his new house because no one can provide him with internet access."

A rep, be it as a result of an incorrect service map or other clerical error, told him Comcast could provide internet to the house and it took too many visits before someone figured out he was out of their service range but it doesn't sound like Comcast deliberately lied to him or did anything malicious.

If the man is some how disabled and traveling to a place with internet access is difficult, or his job requires him to be on call 24/7 then I can see how saying he is "forced" to sell the house would be accurate but (unless I glossed over it) the article doesn't go into his exact situation well enough from what I read.

It says he needs to be able to telacommute to work which I would guess imply he works as a developer or engineer of some type. As that sates does have a good amount of tech, specifically Seattle area.

The cost equation does not work out because of how much it costs them. Many do realize that people will build there if they can get internet. Source: friend's father who works for Bell. 

Personally working as a lineman for a telecommunications company I can say that our company builds network to wherever the customer is. Its policy and preference of the comapny.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

You don't trust the devil. Lesson learned, I hope.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

its a shame - the place looks really nice

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Although I feel that this man shares some of the blame for how this situation turned out, I am happy to see the Comcast hate train keep rolling on. ^^

When Comcast said they couldn't assure him in writing that his property would be serviceable, he should have realised that their verbal "assurances" were worthless. If Comcast gives you information, and you make a huge decision based on that information, that huge decision is made at your own risk, not at Comcast's risk. That said, the extent to which Comcast has strung him along makes Comcast look particularly inept, since it took them over a month to notice that they couldn't get this man internet. ....actually its a little worse, because they could have gotten this man the internet access they had repeatedly promised him. They just chose not to.

I'm not sure what options were available to this man to actually check and see Comcast internet working before he made the purchase. Could he have gotten Comcast installed and working before agreeing to buy the house?

Sometimes it makes me sad that they are my cable/phone/ISP. But their internet is sooooo good.

If you're satisfied with their shitty 30mbps connection... You've never had good internet. Anything below 100 is ancient, and anything below 500 isn't modern.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

If you're satisfied with their shitty 30mbps connection... You've never had good internet. Anything below 100 is ancient, and anything below 500 isn't modern.

Well aren't you a spoiled little bitch.

But when you bitch at them, you tend to get 100/something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

wow .... I guess you haven't been to Australia

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Well aren't you a spoiled little bitch.

But when you bitch at them, you tend to get 100/something.

Hey, it ain't my fault your country has shitty Internet. Don't you wish you had Google fibre roll out? Seriously, double digit mbps speeds are slow. That should not satisfy you.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Hey, it ain't my fault your country has shitty Internet. Don't you wish you had Google fibre roll out? Seriously, double digit mbps speeds are slow. That should not satisfy you.

And as I said before: Aren't you a spoiled little bitch.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)