NZXT S340 3 front fans?

Tomzuki
Go to solution Solved by c3p0_,

Spacewise you could barely fit an thin 360 in the front. I tried to hold 3 120 against it and there is space. But needs a lot to cut out. Thin 280 fits no problem. Wider 280 after removing the cableshroud.

Thing is there needs to be a cut in the psu shroud and remove the entire hdd cage which is bolted. I dunno if this would leave the case stable when cutting at this points. 

I was just wondering if it's possible to fit 3 120mm fans, or a 360mm radiator for that matter, in the front of the S340. Of course it would require some modding of the PSU shroud and removal of the HDD cage. Just eyeballing the picture below, it seems like it might just barely fit 3 120mm fans. So, is there any S340 owners out there who could confirm this with some test fitting or something?

16l.jpg

not with out modifying the case a bit  I I think a 280mm is the biggest you can fit in the front an or 2x 120 or 2x140mm fans 

Spacewise you could barely fit an thin 360 in the front. I tried to hold 3 120 against it and there is space. But needs a lot to cut out. Thin 280 fits no problem. Wider 280 after removing the cableshroud.

Thing is there needs to be a cut in the psu shroud and remove the entire hdd cage which is bolted. I dunno if this would leave the case stable when cutting at this points. 

Yeah considering it's a budget case in the first place, it will probably not be the sturdiest case after so much cutting. It just seemed so tempting with the front dust filter covering the whole front aswell. The case would definitely need some extra support at some points.

Edit: Also since the paint isn't scratch resistant at all, it would be hard to make the cuts clean. A whole new paint job would probably be necessary. So a good idea in theory, not so good in practise.

Yeah considering it's a budget case in the first place, it will probably not be the sturdiest case after so much cutting. It just seemed so tempting with the front dust filter covering the whole front aswell. The case would definitely need some extra support at some points.

Edit: Also since the paint isn't scratch resistant at all, it would be hard to make the cuts clean. A whole new paint job would probably be necessary. So a good idea in theory, not so good in practise.

Don't get me wrong, its sturdy for a budget case. But the psu shroud is the supporting part. When you cut there maybe it will get flex. It might be easier to mod a 240 in the top. Rad outside and fans inside. And true that, the paint scratches easily. So be carefull, especial the top fan mount.