Ad-block + Greasemonkey = you chose the channel (not needed for chrome users))

Go to solution Solved by GodSpoon,

Or just get this adblock 

https://getadblock.com

And whitelist channels you want in the preferences..

dXLGhnt.png

I have found a code snippet by firynth (dont know were) and it dose the simple thing of out the username of the channel in the video you are watching (it will ad &user=LinusTechTips note: it is the userneme from youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips) and with adblocks filter you can make exception so it will display ads on the channels you have specified.

Greasemonkey / Tampermonky script

// ==UserScript==// @[member='name']        Youtube opt in Ads per channel fixed// @[member='Names']pace   firynth// @[member='include02']     http://www.youtube.com/*// @[member='include02']     https://www.youtube.com/*// @exclude     https://www.youtube.com/embed/*// @exclude     http://www.youtube.com/embed/*// @require     http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js// @require     https://gist.github.com/raw/2625891/waitForKeyElements.js// @[member='versions']     1// @[member='Grant']       GM_addStyle// ==/UserScript==function checkUserAndRelocate (jNode) {    if ( ! /user=/.test (window.location.href) ) {        var elem        = document.querySelector (            "#watch7-content link[href*='/user/']"        );        if (elem) {            var user    = elem.href.match (/\/user\/(\w+)\W?/);            if (user  &&  user.length > 1) {                location.replace (location.href + "&user=" + user[1]);            }        }    }}function checkUserAndRelocateOld (jNode) {    if ( ! /user=/.test (window.location.href) ) {        if($("#watch7-content link[href*='/user/']").length == 0)        {            var elem = $('#watch7-content meta[itemprop="channelId"]').attr("content");            if(elem) {                if (elem  &&  elem.length > 1) {                    location.replace (location.href + "&user=" + elem);                }            }        }    }}waitForKeyElements ("#watch7-content", checkUserAndRelocate);waitForKeyElements ('#watch7-content meta[itemprop="channelId"]', checkUserAndRelocateOld);

Adblock plus filter

@@||youtube.com/watch*user=(inster user hear w/ no bracets)$document//ex: @@||youtube.com/watch*user=LinusTechTips$document

hope it helps!

edit:

add the script

if you have Firefox then go to the about:addons pages ad click the userscript tab and click the new user script and copied the long code and press the button on the dialog that says use script from clipboard.(if it did not show up then you have copied the code wrong) then save it!

if you have chrome click the tampermonkey button and click add new script and past it in and save it!

add the adblock filter

if you have Firefox then go to the adblock plus button en click on it, you will see a option for filter preferences then click the tab custom filters and add a group then double click on it and you will see a button i the top right corner called add filter and past the snippet of code ther and that sould be it!

hope that help! total forgot the steps

ps: sorry for my English the spell checker dose not work hear for some reason.

pss: i fix it now every thing should be spelled right I'm dyslexic and English is not my first languages not a good combo for writhing fast.

should i make 2 separate scripts  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

thought this was a cool idea and then realised i use safari and its extensions are super locked down lol.. ads for me!! does that mean i own shares in LMG lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Just make one for LTT and post it here, will replace LTT links if i have to because i have no idea where to add this 

@@||youtube.com/watch*user=(inster user hear w/ no bracets)$document//ex: @@||youtube.com/watch*user=LinusTechTips$document

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

should i make 2 separate scripts  

no the long script is for tampermonky / greasemonky and the short one is for adblock plus filter.

I have found a code snippet by firynth (dont know were) and it dose the simple thing of out the username of the channel in the video you are watching (it will ad &user=LinusTechTips note: it is the userneme from youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips) and with adblocks filter you can make exeption so it will display ads on the chanels you have specifide.

Greasemonkey / Tampermonky script

hope it helps!

how can i add that to abp? . there's no where i can see that i know of to add it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Just make one for LTT and post it here, will replace LTT links if i have to because i have no idea where to add this 

if you have Firefox then go to the adblock plus button en click on it, you will see a option for filter preferences then click the tab custom filters and add a group then double click on it and you will see a button i the top right corner called add filter and past the snippet of code there. sorry for not being clear about the adblock part. i wrote a fuller tutorial in the first post

thought this was a cool idea and then realised i use safari and its extensions are super locked down lol.. ads for me!! does that mean i own shares in LMG lol

HAHAHA, no, you just need to find the file and click 'show package contents'

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

if you have firefox then go to the adblock plus button en click on it, you will see a option for filter prefrences then click the tab customfiltersand add a group then duoble click on it and you will se a button i the top right corner called add filter and past the snippet of code ther. sorry for not being cleare about the adblock part.

added. not working 

added this

@@||youtube.com/watch*user=LinusTechTips$document

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Could not care less. Part of the reason I stopped watching TV 5 years ago was to get away from ads.

If Linus can only get a silver yacht instead of a gold yacht then so be it.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Adblock has a feature in its settings to whitelist some channels...

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Adblock has a feature in its settings to whitelist some channels...

yes that is in chrome i believe not in Firefox.

Could not care less. Part of the reason I stopped watching TV 5 years ago was to get away from ads.

If Linus can only get a silver yacht instead of a gold yacht then so be it.

Yes TV commercials are horrible to say the least.

added. not working 

added this

@@||youtube.com/watch*user=LinusTechTips$document

have you created the greasemonky/tapermonky script?

yes that is in chorem i belive not in firefox.

ah okay. Can you change the title so people with Chrome dont have to do this, firefox only

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

have you created the greasemonky/tapermonky script?

wait, that is why i asked , do i need both? i deleted the tampermonkey script and added the adblock plus lines to abp, why would i need Tamper monkey script ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

wait, that is why i asked , do i need both? i deleted the tampermonkey script and added the adblock plus lines to abp, why would i need Tamper monkey script ?

edit:

yes you need both scripts. the tamper monkey script add the &user=LinusTechTips and the adblock plus filter to stop filtering away ads if it find the URL to contain "&user=LinusTechTips".

Nvm

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Or just get this adblock 

https://getadblock.com

And select whitelist videos with this url in the preferences..

dXLGhnt.png

yes, but if you have Firefox and like doing everything yourself and be in control!

edit:

and yes i know adblock for Firefox exist and it could probably do it.

yes, but if you have Firefox and like doing everything yourself and be in control!

Did you just give yourself best answer? 

And http://www.arungudelli.com/how-to/how-to-install-google-chrome-extension-on-firefox/

Same deal, works just as well in firefox

Need pictures?

Not trying to be a douche but this works just as well as your solution..

that helped 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Did you just give yourself best answer? 

And http://www.arungudelli.com/how-to/how-to-install-google-chrome-extension-on-firefox/

Same deal, works just as well in firefox

Need pictures?

Not trying to be a douche but this works just as well as your solution..

oh i did. I'm going to change it to your post to show that there is an easy way but if you want to get into scripting you browser it a good way to start.

that helped 

oh i did. I'm going to change it to your post to show that there is an easy way but if you want to get into scripting you browser it a good way to start.

I was about to argue that it worked :P

Thanks guys

I was about to argue that it worked :P

Thanks guys

i have youtube options installed, it blocks ads by default, making your extension useless 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker