Right-Sided BitFenix Prodigy Window Panel?

Go to solution Solved by Pruxis,

Yeah, it would give a much nicer view, I'd be all up for modifying it myself, but I haven't got any of the right tools without making some sort of damage. The way my desk is set up I'd rather have it on the right side too.

Perhaps look on the internet if there is some irish shop where they modify cases, I wouldn't harm my own case myself if I didn't have the right tools and buying the tools would even cost more than the actual case itself :p

Hello, 

I've been looking around for about an hour now, with no luck, for a right-sided window panel for the BitFenix Prodigy.

It would completely solve my problem on a different topic that I've posted here about a budget mATX case.

I think a right sided panel would make perfect sense, seeing as with the left sided panel you only see the underside of your graphics card (I'm not posting here for someone the argue about it). I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen one? It would also be perfect for me with the way my set-up is situated. And as far as I'm aware the panels each side aren't interchangeable with each other (Putting the left window on the right isn't possible).

I'm not really interested on waiting for the Prodigy M, with no confirmed release date, and I don't really have the tools available to make a clean modification.

This is about the only thing stopping me from getting the case, otherwise everything else it has is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Dean.

Here's an example of the Left sided window, not really much of a view, is there?

post-32313-0-05863200-1372797125_thumb.j

I  have seen one at a LAN party once but he made it himself it was quite nice though, you could see a lot more from his waterloop etcetra.

I  have seen one at a LAN party once but he made it himself it was quite nice though, you could see a lot more from his waterloop etcetra.

Yeah, it would give a much nicer view, I'd be all up for modifying it myself, but I haven't got any of the right tools without making some sort of damage. The way my desk is set up I'd rather have it on the right side too.

Perhaps look on the internet if there is some irish shop where they modify cases, I wouldn't harm my own case myself if I didn't have the right tools and buying the tools would even cost more than the actual case itself :p

Perhaps look on the internet if there is some irish shop where they modify cases, I wouldn't harm my own case myself if I didn't have the right tools and buying the tools would even cost more than the actual case itself :P

Yeah, exactly! Seems like to only way to go. As far as I'm aware there are none, there's not enough demand here for such a thing, But I'll have a look into metalwork shops, ect. 

So, its a no for getting one online,

Thanks for all your help! Such a great Forum Linus & Co. has got running here.

Yeah, exactly! Seems like to only way to go. As far as I'm aware there are none, there's not enough demand here for such a thing, But I'll have a look into metalwork shops, ect. 

So, its a no for getting one online,

Thanks for all your help! Such a great Forum Linus & Co. has got running here.

Yeah the forums are great ^^

But I'd look on the internet for a case modifying store and ask them if you can sent them your right panel so you wont have to sent your intire case which would be great :3

Yeah the forums are great ^^

But I'd look on the internet for a case modifying store and ask them if you can sent them your right panel so you wont have to sent your intire case which would be great :3

Yeah, Maybe one in the U.K. is an option, it all depends on prices and shipping costs. I'll have a look around and see if I can contact a few different places. Thanks again for the help.

Can you simply switch the side panels? :P On most cases they both use thumb screws in the same place as the other panel.

EDIT: I just looked at the back of the case, they're in the same place on each side, so you could switch them. The only problem is that I forgot the prodigy has the IO on the right side panel :(

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Can you simply switch the side panels? :P On most cases they both use thumb screws in the same place as the other panel.

No the right side has the power button and USB ports that's the main issue about modificating the right panel :p You can't just swap them over :p

No the right side has the power button and USB ports that's the main issue about modificating the right panel :P You can't just swap them over :P

Yep. I just noted that :(

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

No the right side has the power button and USB ports that's the main issue about modificating the right panel :P You can't just swap them over :P

You still could, you'd just have your power/reset/USB on the left side and upside down haha

You should try making your own.

I did it once long long time ago, so I'm not sure if this still applies, but if you buy like a vinyl rim or something, you can make the cuts with a jigsaw. Don't even need power tools (I wasn't old enough at the time).  Because with the rim, you don't need to be super accurate and clean to get a clean look.  The rim will make the edges appear smooth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

think you might be interested in these videos. He does really clean work i reccomend checking out a few of his buid logs including his personal rig the "singularity beast II" 

also frozen cpu sells a prodigy with a custom side panel

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17613/cst-1349/BitFenix_Prodigy_Mini-ITX_Tower_Computer_Case_-_Midnight_Black_w_Bolt-On_Window.html?tl=c2s724b193#blank

• 2 weeks later...

That is just the best looking case EVER (in my opinion)

hi

• 4 months later...

Hi, just searched for this on google and found this thread, any luck on the side panel? @lynchdean

Hi, sorry I've forgot to check this in a while, I've put this project off until now when my birthday is coming up (That's why I've happened to return here.). No I haven't found anything, DIY seems to be your best option.

You still could, you'd just have your power/reset/USB on the left side and upside down haha

You can unscrew the buttons and flip em around. That's what I did. Check it out

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/66981-bitfenix-prodigy-m-motherboard-orientation-mod/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/65031-prodigy-m/

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Storage : Sandisk Extreme 120gb and 1tb Seagate Barracuda |

BitFenix needs to get off their butt and make another window side panel asap. Especially for the Prodigy-M. I really cant believe they didn't address this already.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

BitFenix needs to get off their butt and make another window side panel asap. Especially for the Prodigy-M. I really cant believe they didn't address this already.

I was going to cut it out, and make it for myself.

However, bitfenix decided to use some very thick steel panels for the sides, and I'm worried it won't cut cleanly.

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Storage : Sandisk Extreme 120gb and 1tb Seagate Barracuda |