1080p gaming monitor

avahdon

im looking for a 1080p gaming monitor under $300. what would you recommend?

If it is for gaming, something from BenQ is good, like this.

Yeah i agree or ofcorse if you want no imput lag then get a crt.

Yeah i agree or ofcorse if you want no imput lag then get a crt.

crt?

Asus MX239H/MX279H? ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

they have no lactincy Monitor+crt.jpg

Do people seriously game on these?  I thought it was a joke :L

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

If it is for gaming, something from BenQ is good, like this.

This. If you must stick with 1080P you might as well get 120hz+

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Do people seriously game on these?  I thought it was a joke :L

Yeah Linus does during the live stream.

Yeah Linus does during the live stream.

I thought that was only because he was playing such an old Mario game.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I thought that was only because he was playing such an old Mario game.

No cause he is using a gaming pvr to go in to the streaming pc from his console then he is watching it on the CRT cause it has to go through the pvr so it is to lower the input lag to a tolerable amount.

No cause he is using a gaming pvr to go in to the streaming pc from his console then he is watching it on the CRT cause it has to go through the pvr so it is to lower the input lag to a tolerable amount.

But he's only using it because of the game he is playing.  If it were anything newer then he wouldn't be using a CRT TV.

But he's only using it because of the game he is playing.  If it were anything newer then he wouldn't be using a CRT TV.

its not a crt tv its just a monitor it will run on a modern moniter it is just that crts have a lower responce time that because of his setup there is a delay and the crt helps take some of the delay away.