Raijintek Triton AIO question

Hi guys!
I can get my hands on this cooler for 89$ free shipping right now in Canada this happen to be (i think) a good price...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/raijintek-triton-all-in-one-cpu-liquid-94-100817-1229.htm?affiliateid=7474144

at least when i compare this unit to other 240mm rad AIO it is the cheapest available and IMHO it looks really good...but most reviews come from foreign countries in language i don' understand :(

I would love to search LTT forums for other user's experience with this unit but i don't find the search function anymore (?)

So, how is this unit? is it reliable? is it too cheap? i don't plan on using the included fans so don't cover them i don't care i have better fans for it...i'm mostly interested in pump quality and just overall build quality and reliability and ease of use...if any LTT user have used this AIO i'd like to have your imputs on it, is it good? is it better to spend 30$ (in my case) to get something like a corsair H100i or a cooler master unit?

Any thoughts are welcome.

thanks!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I own it.

Never had any problems.

Great mounting hardware. I suggest you get the core variant and buy your own fans.

The build quality is also quite good.

what is the ''core variant'' ? i'm sorry...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I own it.

Never had any problems.

Great mounting hardware. I suggest you get the core variant and buy your own fans.

Any comparisons to your older setup you can mention?

Hi guys!

I can get my hands on this cooler for 89$ free shipping right now in Canada this happen to be (i think) a good price...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/raijintek-triton-all-in-one-cpu-liquid-94-100817-1229.htm?affiliateid=7474144

Any thoughts are welcome.

thanks!

Nothing to contribute here but I'd like to say.............If reviews are good and if you get one, can you do a member review on it?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Nothing to contribute here but I'd like to say if you get one, can you do a member review on it. If you get one?

yes i will if i end up getting it! :)

that is the version that comes without the stock fans. ;-)

i messaged nick about this aio a few months back but sadly they havent done a review, i dont know why. :-(

i don't see that version with no fans available in canada...89$ is still a good price i think...

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/henry-butt/raijintek-triton-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/

Performance wise it's quite good, and visually it's nicer than other AIO's due to the clear tubes, and the fact it comes with some dyes already. I'm planning on getting one for a new build in ~2 months. Only thing i'd recommend to do, is replace the stock fans with something like the Corsair SP120's.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/henry-butt/raijintek-triton-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/

Performance wise it's quite good, and visually it's nicer than other AIO's due to the clear tubes, and the fact it comes with some dyes already. I'm planning on getting one for a new build in ~2 months. Only thing i'd recommend to do, is replace the stock fans with something like the Corsair SP120's.

i have two of these enermax T.B Vegas 120mm white fans that i'm using on my cooler master hyper 212 right now they are quiet enough and they look good... i plan on re-using them with this cooler i think they would do good enough...

35-214-052-03.jpg

it is a very good price.

i'd go for it, they are quite innovative, thats what i like,

Nothing to contribute here but I'd like to say.............If reviews are good and if you get one, can you do a member review on it?

ordered it...will post reviews and comments after installation and testing!

thanks guys!

Capture.jpg

quite a bit of discussion about it here if you want more info

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18625923

I have only ever seen two leak (mine was one of them) on that thread ^

there is a v1 and a v3 of the block/pump, v3 has a longer 3 pin cable  - that is the only visual difference. the two that leaked where v1. 

I have it and I like it alot. Its my first AIO unit but it looks much better in a Windowed case than a Intel stock cooler. Keeps my 4790k at around 30-34 degrees C idle (depending on day, my room can get up to 25-27C) and  keeps it below 70C most of the time in AIDA 64. Stock fans are really loud though, looking at some good replacements that won't bankrupt me. Just keep in mind that some of these might come with a bit more air than expected. I need to add some distilled water to mine because my pump starts to run dry if i tilt my case by accidentally knocking it or so.

The only complaint I've really heard is that they use subpar shipping materials, so make sure its not broken when it arrives.

Uh. Yea i wouldn't call it amazing, Mine came wrapped in foam in Recycled Cardboard shell molds.   But the foam itself was pretty thick.

Uh. Yea i wouldn't call it amazing, Mine came wrapped in foam in Recycled Cardboard shell molds.   But the foam itself was pretty thick.

yeah, a few people had their block come with a crack in it (shipping damage) but then again you can't prevent the post from putting a fist indentation into your cases either so there is that (legitimately have a case with knuckle indents in it :/)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Just a quick update, i got the cooler yesterday and everytime arrived in perfect conditions...i dyed it in red and installed it in my system...took only minutes to do...very very easy to install...everything needed came in the box...so far i really like the unit, it's fairly quiet and the temps are about 10c lower than with my hyper 212 in push/pull...quite happy with how this turned out...here some pics of my rig:

HPIM4005.jpg
HPIM4006.jpg
HPIM4007.jpg
HPIM4010.jpg
HPIM4015.jpg
HPIM4016.jpg
HPIM4017.jpg
HPIM4020.jpg

and now i have this on the way for my GPU...gonna look clean:
ek-bp-titanse-3_800.jpg

My only complaint was the tubes seeing as how they kink quite easily. 

I own it.

Never had any problems.

yes i will if i end up getting it! :)

How loud is the pump? And please be honest and very detailed, i am an absolute silence freak but i was eyeballing with the Triton for a while now. I just don't know if the pump noise is loud or not.

To put it into perspective: i have a Western digital green in my system which is the loudest part of my PC so far and it annoys me. :D

who cares...

My only complaint was the tubes seeing as how they kink quite easily. 

?! do you have the unit? because the tube are so flexible it's very high quality rubber i couldnt make them to kink even if i wanted too?!

Maybe they have had a revision and went with higher quality tubing? i don,t know man, but those are very soft and flexible tubing...high quality rubber...it's not kinking regardless of what you do with them (at least on my unit)

How loud is the pump? And please be honest and very detailed, i am an absolute silence freak but i was eyeballing with the Triton for a while now. I just don't know if the pump noise is loud or not.

To put it into perspective: i have a Western digital green in my system which is the loudest part of my PC so far and it annoys me. :D

i'm in the same boat...my harddrive is also too loud for my likings...the pump is about the same noise level as my harddrive but it has higher pitch...it's defenetly noticeable but you get use to it...but if you're a silence freak forget about watercooling and grab an hyper 212 or other big heatsink and get 2 good quality fans to put on it...my hyper 212 with the same fans was of course much quieter...every pump will make noise, compaired to others this one is quiet, but it still make noise you might not like...i ordered an H80i about a month ago or so and i ended up returning it because the temps where worse than my hyper 212 and the pump was a lot noisier...but yeah, if you really care about silence, forget water cooling all togheter and stick to tower heatsinks.

?! do you have the unit? because the tube are so flexible it's very high quality rubber i couldnt make them to kink even if i wanted too?!

i'm in the same boat...my harddrive is also too loud for my likings...the pump is about the same noise level as my harddrive but it has higher pitch...it's defenetly noticeable but you get use to it...but if you're a silence freak forget about watercooling and grab an hyper 212 or other big heatsink and get 2 good quality fans to put on it...my hyper 212 with the same fans was of course much quieter...every pump will make noise, compaired to others this one is quiet, but it still make noise you might not like...i ordered an H80i about a month ago or so and i ended up returning it because the temps where worse than my hyper 212 and the pump was a lot noisier...but yeah, if you really care about silence, forget water cooling all togheter and stick to tower heatsinks.

I have a bequiet Dark Rock 3 with shadow wings in push pull. So a very quiet setup as of right now.

The reason why i fancy the Triton is just a little lower temps, and mainly the looks. Right now my turbine (that's how i dubbed my Dark Rock 3 :P ) kind of blocks the view on the RAM and whatnot. The Triton would clear that up and give more swag. Sorry for using the word swag. :D

who cares...

I have a bequiet Dark Rock 3 with shadow wings in push pull. So a very quiet setup as of right now.

The reason why i fancy the Triton is just a little lower temps, and mainly the looks. Right now my turbine (that's how i dubbed my Dark Rock 3 :P ) kind of blocks the view on the RAM and whatnot. The Triton would clear that up and give more swag. Sorry for using the word swag. :D

yeah, lower temps and look is all there is to it...i get around 10c lower temps across the board now and it looks gorgeous in my case, but the machine now as an high pitch buzzing sound to it of around 20db...not very anoying as i said after a couple minutes you forget about it but it's still there...i play games most of the time with the headset on my head so i'm fine with it...but if it was my workstation at the office that would do that for example...hell no i couldnt stand it.

yeah, lower temps and look is all there is to it...i get around 10c lower temps across the board now and it looks gorgeous in my case, but the machine now as an high pitch buzzing sound to it of around 20db...not very anoying as i said after a couple minutes you forget about it but it's still there...i play games most of the time with the headset on my head so i'm fine with it...but if it was my workstation at the office that would do that for example...hell no i couldnt stand it.

Thanks for the insight, that's all i need to know. :D I'll stick with air cooling until one of those pump-less AIO designs becomes ready for the market. ;)

who cares...

Thanks for the insight, that's all i need to know. :D I'll stick with air cooling until one of those pump-less AIO designs becomes ready for the market. ;)

i can't imagine how you can do watercooling without a pump? liquid need to be circulated through the rads and stuff...

but anyways, as i said it does look a lot better and has a lot of swag...but it's defenetly a trade of in the noise department...as i said it's not loud by any means, but it's noticeable and will be annoying to some.