The Water Cooling Gallery

On 10/7/2016 at 6:40 PM, trimorphic said:

how has that coolant been working for you and have you run stress tests and compared it to others or just water

the coolant seems to work well however i have started to notice areas where the "nano particles" have collected in the loop.

sadly i didnt run stress tests while on water and have nothing to compare it to but i did just run an AIDA 64 test and the average cpu temp was 50.2 with the maximum recorded temp at 70 at 4.5ghz.

Lol, your tubes look like they're melting. :D

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

that is reallt bad, i think you should stick to soft tubes. please say your not running it like that as those tubes could crack or snap just from the water pressure if they have been melted too much? 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

15 hours ago, Polyp said:

My first try on water cooling: Not perfect but I will run the tubes again when I have time to do so.

Prime example of sticking to softtube when you dont know what you are doing :D

15 hours ago, Polyp said:

My first try on water cooling: Not perfect but I will run the tubes again when I have time to do so.

Firstawall you have my respect that you filled up your loop with this terrible tubes.

hyupshin_flanges_bend_pipe.jpg

If you bend the second 90 Degree, let distance (min. 10cm) at the end of the bend.

Did you use Hairdryer for bending?

Use a heat gun and use a bending tool like this. It helps alot for the first time

1092189_1__8710821-1.jpg

I can not imagine how the chamfers are, if the bendings are  so....

Do not turn it on, drain the water immediately..

Buy more tubes to train your skill. Then you will get a much more feeling for bending.

I'm rather confused as to how you did such a bad job? My first ever bends were nowhere near that bad, and they only got better afterwards. I can't fathom how you did this, even if you literally threw your first attempts in there? Were you drunk? Did you not watch a single tutorial or guide about how to do this?

What size tubing is this? If it's 16mm the above XSPC tool won't work, it's too small. I suggest you get the Monsoon mandrel set for the actual bending, but your problem seems to be more with heating... it would appear you are applying too much heat because these tubes should not be anywhere near as deformed as they are. As mentioned, it raises questions over the integrity of the loop.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

This one does 16mm tubing as well as 14-12mm

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooling/hardtubes/accessories/20839/alphacool-acrylrohr-double-bending-tool-12-14mm-and-16mm-schwarz

Also are you running a GPU and CPU block off a single 120mm radiator?

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

43 minutes ago, THFourteen said:

Also are you running a GPU and CPU block off a single 120mm radiator?

Isn't that a rad up top? There's quite a bit of space in the top of that case, so I figured that was a 360 up there... I hope he's not using a single 120mm rad LOL! Pump/res must be in the rear.

55 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Isn't that a rad up top? There's quite a bit of space in the top of that case, so I figured that was a 360 up there... I hope he's not using a single 120mm rad LOL! Pump/res must be in the rear.

Nope looks like a single 120mm. This is the worst loop ever,  performance worse than air and looks worse than stock cooler lol. 

Maybe the tubes melted when the water in to loop turn into super heated steam. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I'm sure that's a 360 (or maybe 240) up top... looking at pics of that case elsewhere, that is not part of the case. There is a big gap at the top of this case, so I think he has fans on top, rad underneath. But yeah, those tubes are the worst I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, atomicus said:

I'm sure that's a 360 (or maybe 240) up top... looking at pics of that case elsewhere, that is not part of the case. There is a big gap at the top of this case, so I think he has fans on top, rad underneath. But yeah, those tubes are the worst I've ever seen.

Yes you could be right there. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Threw another rig together with a bunch of spare parts. Grabbed a case that caught my eye at micro center. Poor lighting but you should get the idea. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

6 hours ago, airdeano said:

@Mick Naughty how are those temps with the parallel tubing routing?

Can't be sure yet as I need a new power supply to finish the tests. On heaven 4.0 the CPU sits in the mid 30's and the gpu sits in the mid 40's. That's with the pump at thee lowest setting and the fans at the highest. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:50 AM, atomicus said:

Here is my recently completed build... freshly filled, hence the bubbles in res. :)

I'm not going to lie, sorry to everybody else, but this is the cleanest build I've seen all year.

4 minutes ago, CaptainSav916 said:

I'm not going to lie, sorry to everybody else, but this is the cleanest build I've seen all year.

Thanks Captain. Clean-ness was my goal... definitely takes more time but worth the effort. :) 

4 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Thanks Captain. Clean-ness was my goal... definitely takes more time but worth the effort. :) 

I put that video for you to play while you stare at it, because I know I would if I were you. not even kidding man, I literally looked through pages upon pages of builds and yours has me stuck for some reason. Good stuff man, you should be proud.

Just now, CaptainSav916 said:

I put that video for you to play while you stare at it, because I know I would if I were you. not even kidding man, I literally looked those pages upon pages of builds and yours has me stuck for some reason. Good stuff man, you should be proud.

Thank you. I'm proud of the build, but not that proud of the photos ha! I'm trying to take some better ones but my photography skills are lacking somewhat.

3 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Thank you. I'm proud of the build, but not that proud of the photos ha! I'm trying to take some better ones but my photography skills are lacking somewhat.

laugh at me later, but where is your power supply? and where did you get those clear cable combs from? I can't find clear, only white.

4 minutes ago, CaptainSav916 said:

laugh at me later, but where is your power supply? and where did you get those clear cable combs from? I can't find clear, only white.

You're not the first person to ask that... PSU is at the top rear, behind the fans... it's the InWin 303 case, so those top fans are on a protruding 'ledge' and the PSU is behind that. Very unique design. The cable combs are from a company called Shakmods in the UK (where I live). I am not sure if you can get those in the US or not. I wrapped the case in titanium vinyl by the way, hence why you'll only see black or white versions of it elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, atomicus said:

You're not the first person to ask that... PSU is at the top rear, behind the fans... it's the InWin 303 case, so those top fans are on a protruding 'ledge' and the PSU is behind that. Very unique design. The cable combs are from a company called Shakmods in the UK (where I live). I am not sure if you can get those in the US or not. I wrapped the case in titanium vinyl by the way, hence why you'll only see black or white versions of this case elsewhere.

I thought it was but I didn't want to look like a fool for assuming it... It's a sleek case I must say! I'm digging the case, I wouldn't have even known it was wrapped until you said something.

I found the website and the combs. Did you have to disconnect the pins and feed them through yourself? I'm not trying to do something that tedious. This is what I've found more on the lines of what I was looking for. What do you think? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P4G36727&cm_re=cable_comb-_-9SIAA6P4G36727-_-Product

I'm running a AIO. I've built an average computer before but this is my first actual custom PC.

FullSizeRender.jpg