Cryo-TEC Sub-Zero Thermo Electric CPU Block

Excon

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/cryo-tec.asp

I really don't know what to think of this it states it only needs a 360mm rad to perform that well? if i could get my hands on 1 i would love it but its probably to expensive. I love new innovations like this though pushing the limits of technology in a way.

I guess it's using liquid nitrogen. Won't that mean you will need to refill it all the time because it evaporates really fast.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Certainly interesting, I've always been keen to dabble in sub zero cooling before but never actually went ahead with it.

I wonder how it utilizes a 360 rad though? Might be similar to the units on the old CM V10 coolers? I'll be sure to have a look at it but!

Perhaps it uses something like a TEC to cool the CPU then uses regular watercooling to cool the TEC?

I guess it's using liquid nitrogen. Won't that mean you will need to refill it all the time because it evaporates really fast.

TEC doesn't use liquid nitrogen... Here's a Wiki explanation:

Thermoelectric cooling uses the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of two different types of materials. A Peltier cooler, heater, or thermoelectric heat pump is a solid-state active heat pump which transfers heat from one side of the device to the other, with consumption of electrical energy, depending on the direction of the current. Such an instrument is also called a Peltier device, Peltier heat pump, solid state refrigerator, or thermoelectric cooler (TEC). They can be used either for heating or for cooling (refrigeration), although in practice the main application is cooling. It can also be used as a temperature controller that either heats or cools.[1]

This technology is far less commonly applied to refrigeration than vapor-compression refrigeration is. The main advantages of a Peltier cooler (compared to a vapor-compression refrigerator) are its lack of moving parts or circulating liquid, and its small size and flexible shape (form factor). Its main disadvantage is high cost and poor power efficiency. Many researchers and companies are trying to develop Peltier coolers that are both cheap and efficient. (See Thermoelectric materials.)

A Peltier cooler can also be used as a thermoelectric generator. When operated as a cooler, a voltage is applied across the device, and as a result, a difference in temperature will build up between the two sides.[2] When operated as a generator, one side of the device is heated to a temperature greater than the other side, and as a result, a difference in voltage will build up between the two sides (theSeebeck effect). However, a well-designed Peltier cooler will be a mediocre thermoelectric generator and vice-versa, due to different design and packaging requirements.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

There are methods of sub zero cooling without liquid nitrogen.

You wouldn't be able to hold N02 in a loop without having to constantly drain and refill it but, so nitrogen is out of the question here

N2. NO2 is an extremely poisonous brown gas.

It would be interesting to know how they intend on stopping condensation from forming on the tubing, because a single drop of that on a component and you can be looking at a very pretty pile of junk.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Perhaps it uses something like a TEC to cool the CPU then uses regular watercooling to cool the TEC?

That's why it's called cryo-TEC :P.

Honestly if I had something like running on a day to day basis I'd just keep it at ambient temp removing the risk of condensation, keeping it quiet and it's not like 43C @ load in the hottest of heat waves is a bad temp...

<p>no idea why everyone is confused

<p>this is TEC

<p>the side of the cpu is very cold

<p>the other side is HOT so it needs to be cooled down

<p>preferably by watercooling

<p>i was looking into this in 2007 but i didnt want to deal with condensation

<p>i bought four of these for my friend's engineering project

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If it's just a water loop I find it interesting that they got -16 temps out of it. Unless the room temperature was like -20 something.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Not trying to be a spoil sport but this is really old the pictures on the website are of 1366 rigs.

The reason i posted it is i just found out about it found it interesting and figured it was relatively new didnt realize it was 1366.