Linus absolutely refused to talk about GTX 960 on WAN Show.... O_O

LimpCurve

Basically the title says it all, it was mentioned probably over 300 times during a period of about 1 hour and I wasn't even talking about his Gmail slip up seen here: http://i.imgur.com/DkaFCOE.png I didn't even know about this until after party, I only wanted your thoughts on this: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/gtx-960-leak-suggests-nvidias-mid-range-card-coming-soon/#/5 I understand you were worried about being under NDA but that shouldn't apply to the second link which at this point is just speculation. 

It's his show, he can talk about what he wants to talk about?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's just an under-powered card all together; there's really nothing to discuss (sarcasm). 

No but seriously, it's going to be a great budget card ... I'm sure there will be plenty of videos once it's officially released. 

the regular 960 will be a poor mans 1080p card. 

I care more about seeing how close a 960 Ti comes to the 970. that will be far more interesting if spec rumors are correct.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It pisses me off seeing people insult the card. It hasn't officially been announced and no official benchmarks have been released yet. We don't even know its pricing. It may not be a powerful card but price to performance is what us important for mid range gpu's. Want something more powerful, get a 970 or 980.

Using Tapatalk

I don't think it will be a big deal. It isn't GM204 and I don't think that Nvidia will be stupid enough to let them achieve 970 performance with OC. I think that it will perform a little bit more than a 770 but never get near 780 performance (that's where the 970 comes in)

It will be great for budget people though

It pisses me off seeing people insult the card. It hasn't officially been announced and no official benchmarks have been released yet. We don't even know its pricing. It may not be a powerful card but price to performance is what us important for mid range gpu's. Want something more powerful, get a 970 or 980.

Right, but Nvidia historically offers very poor price/performance.

The best this card can hope for is to try and best out the $200 280x or $300 290, but I doubt it will accomplish that.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Right, but Nvidia historically offers very poor price/performance.

The best this card can hope for is to try and best out the $200 280x or $300 290, but I doubt it will accomplish that.

Wasn't the 560 ti good back then?

Using Tapatalk

Wasn't the 560 ti good back then?

The 6950 completely wrecked it. AMD is very quick to adjust their prices to offer better value than Nvidia. We saw this with the 970, and should the 960 actually offer something to compete with AMD in the 200-300 range we'll just see them do it again. Because of AMD's determinance to lock down this area of the market, they'fe always the best choice for a card in the mid range.

Which isn't to say Nvidia releasing cards in this range is a bad thing, since it drives prices down for better cards than what they put out. But I really wouldn't recommend Nvidia to anyone looking to maximize performance/dollar.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

He is probably under NDA....

That would be my guess also, he has a review sample and just can't talk about it.

Yeah it sucks with the NDA right now, but you guys wont have to wait much longer, trust me, it is right around the corner, I cant say much else either.

I will be dropping a video on my channel though as soon as NDA is lifted :)

Yeah it sucks with the NDA right now, but you guys wont have to wait much longer, trust me, it is right around the corner, I cant say much else either.

I will be dropping a video on my channel though as soon as NDA is lifted :)

Clicks Subscribe :)