Quiet CPU cooling?

LegacyStijncat

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm looking for a quiet, but of course good, cpu cooling.

It can be liquid or heatsink, but if heatsink preferably not a giant 20 cm thing, just a low profile one :-)

Any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Of course if you're on a budget, the Hyper 212 Evo/T4 is a great choice.

For low profile, this is a good one:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608019

For liquid this is also a very good cooler, especially for the price

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103181

Of course theres many more, but those are what I would recommend! :)

budget?

Arround € 100 (115 $ // 76£) would be nice!

Will you be overclocking? What cpu?

I'll be using the Intel i5-4670K (Socket: LGA1150)

And i'm planning to eventually overclock, but not for a couple of months after purchase :)

Side question, is a double fan liquid cooler much better than a single fan liquid cooler?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

And i'm planning to eventually overclock, but not for a couple of months after purchase :)

Side question, is a double fan liquid cooler much better than a single fan liquid cooler?

for a hundred your beat bet is either a dark pro 3 or an nh d14

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They vary with radiator thickness, fin density and fans. For quiet operation you should go with the biggest fans that you can.

What do you mean by low-profile?

Where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What do you mean by low-profile?

Where are you shopping?

With low-profile i mean not too big of size, and also quiet!

for a hundred your beat bet is either a dark pro 3 or an nh d14

Thanks, I'll check them out!

They vary with radiator thickness, fin density and fans. For quiet operation you should go with the biggest fans that you can.

That's a very good tip, I'll remember that! Thanks!

Basic guide to CPU's!

With low-profile i mean not too big of size, and also quiet!

But what does that mean..? What height?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But what does that mean..? What height?

Sorry that I'm a little bit inspecific :P

I'm going to be using the Corsair Air 540, which has a limited CPU cooler height of 170mm

Also, my country of shipping is Belgium, but surrounding countries often ship here (amazon.de and amazon.fr for example)

Basic guide to CPU's!

Sorry that I'm a little bit inspecific :P

I'm going to be using the Corsair Air 540, which has a limited CPU cooler height of 170mm

Also, my country of shipping is Belgium, but surrounding countries often ship here (amazon.de and amazon.fr for example)

170mm is enough for almost any air cooler. You could get a Shadow Rock 2: http://www.amazon.de/quiet-BK013-Shadow-CPU-K%C3%BChler-4-polig/dp/B00DQCOJUQ/ref=sr_1_19?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1421533442&sr=1-19&keywords=bequiet