;( Audio card

William12h

Training your hearing is possible, but not if you know what is playing. If you're expecting to hear something better, it will sound better.

Sssh, placebos are a placebo.

.Headfi probably. Would explain hearing the impossible.

I think that's why it tops out at 192kHz. At 256kHz or more, you might start to hear spirits and undeads.....

Now thats not how these top notch audiopeeling peel, get let the placebo enter the body and fill your holes.

Can be pretty sure it is, because no studio outputs that high when its pointless anyway.

Well, to be fair, there are a few songs that are distributed at that high of sample rate, just not many, and not the mainstream kinds of songs either. 

lush_zpsdc461302.jpg

.... I spent hour listening to music, the same music, over and over to figure out what was different at different parts of the song and at different pitches and tones... I know it is much better. 

Here's a fun thing to do: google 'philips golden ear challenge'. It's a fun audio quizzes set. Should be easy for audio grandioso of your caliber.... :)

I think that's why it tops out at 192kHz. At 256kHz or more, you might start to hear spirits and undeads.....

Well, to be fair, there are a few songs that are distributed at that high of sample rate, just not many, and not the mainstream kinds of songs either. 

Here's a fun thing to do: google 'philips golden ear challenge'. It's a fun audio quizzes set. Should be easy for audio grandioso of your caliber.... :)

Case and point. 

That's my line, asshole.

Too slow, buttmunch.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

since my ears are pretty much ruined (i have a constant buzzing in it) and i don't hear those little differences and i guess most people don't (because who has the time?)

no it's not worth it, when you buy a high-end mb , you do not need a sound card at all, because if you have looked into it, there are no new sound cards. it's about dacs & amps (if it's the same don't shoot me)

those audiophiles who have build a life arround sound, can talk hours about it.

but if you have to ask yourself: is it even worth it, it means you can't tell the difference and so it's not worth it ;)

=> life lesson to all: if you have to ask yourself why or is it worth the trouble.... The answer is allways NO :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

lush_zpsdc461302.jpg

192kHz is available for some mainstream stuff (HD Tracks is fairly mainstream). They generally just don't sound a whole lot better, imo (most are just remastered stuff). Linn Records has some relatively mainstream genres too.

I think 2L has better-done recordings (not mainstream though), and you can get them in DXD. DSD256 is also available from some sources. 32/384 PCM and DSD256 are the highest resolution formats distributed commercially at this point, afaik. 

Inside some studios DSD512, DSD-Wide and PCM formats upto 64/66 bit depth with 1536kHz sampling (and possibly even higher) do exist. Audio recording and/or playback gear do not resolve such high detail, but the formats are used to ensure that editing causes as little damage as possible to the source (computational accuracy).

Spotify premium supports up to it and online... but in general the Audio soounds better when i Select 192khz then the like 48/96khz option on the sound card or on the intergrated

Spotify Premium supports WHAT?

I've never seen anything more than 320 kbps, 16bit 44100 Khz .ogg files used in Spotify? and I have Premium, with the maximum quality option enabled.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Sounds cards used to have a place on the market, they do not anymore however.

Most (95% of motherboards) have adequate audio, and if you ever actually need a sound card, a amplifier is instantly a better option.

Agreed.

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350